McDonald Hopkins is committed to supporting and promoting diversity as an integral part of our culture. This commitment is one of the fundamental principles that guides our decisions, management practices, and conduct. We recognize that the unique aspects of every individual bring something different and valuable to our firm, and that those unique differences make our firm stronger, enhance our ability to represent our clients, and benefit our communities. We carry out our commitment to diversity through a variety of initiatives, which include:
- Culture, Inclusion, and Diversity Committee—A cross-department, cross-office committee charged with creating a culture of diversity and inclusion in all aspects and operations of our firm. The committee sets goals, creates timelines, and assesses progress.
- Women in Leadership Program—An extensive training program for our future women leaders that strives to create a culture of learning and diversity to help our women reach their highest level of performance and contributions to the firm while enhancing skills and confidence, improving engagement and productivity, and cultivating attorney recruitment and retention.
- Stokes Scholarship Program—A diversity initiative in which high school seniors and college students who are interested in pursuing a legal career engage in paid legal internships for eight weeks during the summer.
- Minority Clerkship Program—McDonald Hopkins selects one minority law student to take on a paid law clerk position for the summer months.
- 3R’s Program for High School Students—Sponsored by the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, our attorneys visit high school classrooms to help students learn about the U.S. Constitution and develop career planning skills.
- Women’s Council—Our robust Women’s Council cultivates female leadership, promotes the skills, experience and accomplishments of our women attorneys, creates avenues for client development, and encourages peer networking. From offering networking events to speaker series and educational programs, our Women’s Council cultivates and supports strong female leaders.
McDonald Hopkins’ commitment to diversity is deep and ongoing. We will continue to take positive actions to support and encourage diversity within the firm and our communities.