ASSOCIATE - EXECUTIVE COMPENSATION
McDonald Hopkins LLC is seeking an attorney with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to join their Executive Compensation & Governance practice group remotely, or in the Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, or West Palm Beach office. We seek candidates with strong academic credentials and highly effective written and verbal communication skills who fit within our entrepreneurial culture, possess sophisticated technical skills, and who are ambitious and team-oriented. A Bachelor's Degree as well as a J.D. from an accredited university is required.
The skills listed below are representative of those preferred for this position.
- Presentation skills at a level necessary for senior executives and directors
- Designing and drafting short-term and long-term incentive plans, including a broad array of equity arrangements such as profits interest programs, stock option plans, restricted stock and unit plans, and phantom equity programs
- Designing and drafting executive employment, severance and change-in-control agreements
- Advising companies, compensation committees and boards on SEC disclosures relative to executive compensation and governance
- Experience with executive compensation issues arising in corporate transactions, including planning in the context of mergers, acquisitions, capital raising events, public offerings, and joint ventures
- Experience in bringing multidisciplinary services to clients and effectively teaming with other firm resources such as labor and employment, corporate, tax, litigation, and employee benefits
Please submit a cover letter that specifically outlines your relevant experience and your resume.
McDonald Hopkins does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or headhunters.
McDonald Hopkins is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. (Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need without regard to any protected category.)