BILLING CLERK - CLEVELAND
This position is responsible for all phases of client billing, which may include: performing edits, billing, write-offs, and time transfers.
Essential Job Functions
- Print and distribute pre-bills monthly to billing attorneys.
- Edit invoices monthly in a timely manner based on comments received from billing attorneys.
- Invoice and bill clients in the accounting system each month in a timely manner. This includes clients that are billed electronically.
- Performs client and matter changes within the accounting system.
- Processes write-offs within the accounting system in accordance with company policy.
- Files (i.e. write-offs, proformas, client invoices, etc.) each month in a timely manner (i.e. by the end of each month for the current months invoices, etc.).
- Works with clients and attorneys in a timely manner to answer inquiries and provide analysis of billings.
- Supports electronic billing through a variety of billing portals and e-Billing Hub.
- Is familiar with matter setups so they reflect the appropriate billing templates and format.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
Education, Training and/or Experience
Associate’s degree in accounting, or equivalent combination of education and work experience. Minimum of one to three years of experience. Prior law firm billing experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- High attention to detail; organized.
- Developed knowledge of basic accounting knowledge.
- Effective interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- High degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Computer skills: accounting system, word processing, and spreadsheet software capabilities.