Communications Specialist - CLE
The Communications Specialist is an integral member of the McDonald Hopkins marketing team in the firm’s Cleveland office. This individual should be an articulate and experienced writer with a journalistic mindset who can adapt messaging to reach various audiences. The Communications Specialist is expected to use his/her creativity, public relations background and general communications expertise to help the firm achieve its marketing and business goals. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and will work closely with other members of the marketing team to help amplify the firm’s brand message and distinct value through public relations, thought leadership and digital strategies.
- Get to know our attorneys and attorney teams to help develop an effective PR/ communications strategy, including clearly defined objectives, goals, and targeted opportunities.
- Provide public/media relations support to all of the firm’s offices, including the development and pitching of story ideas
- Track regional and industry publications and trade organizations, and recommend writing/speaking opportunities to attorneys
- Cultivate/maintain relationships with media in specific business, legal and trade publications in our markets
- Develop and maintain effective internal communication strategy between all of the firm’s offices
- Draft and/or edit a range of marketing materials, such as news releases, new hire announcements, proposals, blog articles, alerts, and social media
- Collaborate with marketing team to cultivate media support for firm events
- Work with attorneys and marketing team to develop advertising and promotion plans for new service offerings and oversee the implementation of plans
- Assist other members of the marketing team to edit and finalize ads and other marketing materials
- Work with the marketing team on a variety of marketing initiatives and projects
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, English, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience, preferably in a professional services environment
- A strong writer with editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with the media, attorneys, and marketing team
- Ability to learn and utilize a variety of marketing software, such as Sitecore, Hubspot, PR Newswire, and more.
- Graphic design and video capabilities/knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of AP style guidelines
- Ability to work well with all personalities throughout the firm
- A team player who is happy to assist with overall marketing needs
- Results-oriented with high expectations for quality, accuracy and overall excellence
- Willingness to travel, as needed
To apply, please submit your resume and two writing samples.