MEMBER - VENTURE CAPITAL
McDonald Hopkins LLC is seeking a partner level Venture Capital/Start-Up attorney with 7+ years of relevant experience in our Chicago, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, or West Palm Beach office.
You will be managing and leading all aspects for corporate transactions, including venture and seed financings, founder and employee equity issuances, corporate formations, corporate governance, venture debt facilities and daily “outside GC” management of startup clients.
- Drafting and managing transactional matters, including venture and seed financing documents, corporate governing documents (charters, bylaws and operating agreements), commercial contracts, board resolutions and consents, employment agreements and equity incentive plans.
- Organizing and maintaining online platforms, including cap table management platforms (e.g. Carta), with proficiency at using software applications such as Word, Excel, document management systems and search engines.
- Juris Doctor and licensed to the state bar in your place of residence.
- 7+ years of corporate or transactional experience at a law firm or in-house.
- Startup-VC or Big Law M&A experience is a plus, but not required.
McDonald Hopkins does not currently accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or headhunters.
McDonald Hopkins is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. (Employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need without regard to any protected category.)