The new HIPAA standards: Are you ready? Changes and action steps for HIPAA covered entities and business associates
Join us for an informative webinar on the final Omnibus Rule, which amended the Privacy, Security, Breach Notification, and Enforcement Rules. Our presentation will focus on the revised HIPAA standards under the Omnibus Rule and how HIPAA covered entities (e.g., healthcare providers and health plans) and their business associates (generally, contractors or vendors who have access to patient information) can come into compliance. Topics will include:
This event is a webinar viewed from your computer. The log-in information for the webinar will be sent to your email upon registration. Thank you.rtmp://cp29095.live.edgefcs.net/live/lake29095@39593
Meal Time: 2:15 PM
- Who is subject to the revised HIPAA rules as a business associate
- Expanded business associate obligations and liability
- Changes to the Privacy Rule
- Revised breach notification requirements
- Lessons learned from recent HIPAA enforcement activities and audits
- Steps that healthcare providers, health plans and business associates should take prior to the September 23, 2013 compliance date
2018 NVBDC National Veteran Business Matchmaker
Monday, September 10, 2018
Mike Witzke, Member, McDonald Hopkins, is presenting at the 2018 NVBDC National Veteran Business Matchmaker.
Real Estate Law Boot Camp
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
John Heer, McDonald Hopkins, will speak at the Real Estate Law Boot Camp.
Discrimination and Harassment, Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know Now
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Ryan Neumeyer will present "Discrimination and Harassment" at the Human Resource Law seminar on Oct. 3, 2018 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018
Stephen Rosenfeld, Member, McDonald Hopkins will speak at Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2018 on November 2.