AHLA Annual Meeting
Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals
Tuesday, June 27 from 3:15-4:15 pm
At the AHLA Annual Meeting, Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak, Associate, McDonald Hopkins will discuss Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals on June 27 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. Topics she will discuss include:
- Interdependency between health care, labor and employment, immigration regulations, and international export control regulations. Applicable statutes and rules, applicability, and consequences of noncompliance.
- Immigration basics. Introduction to: (i) the non-immigrant visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, including types, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, options for spouses and dependents, etc.; and (ii) the green card process – types of permanent visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, dependents, traveling restrictions, etc.
- Compliance pitfalls during the recruitment and hiring process. Antidiscrimination laws applicable to foreign nationals, best practices, Form I-9 documentation, document retention for H-1B visas, J-1 visa waivers, and green card applications.
- Drafting employment agreements for foreign nationals. Immigration fees, term period, non-compete covenants, compensation, J-1waiver state-specific requirements, etc.
- Recruiting. Tools to optimize recruiting practices, the handling of immigration petitions, and ultimately retaining talent.
NBI Advanced Employment Law: Handle Employment Law Difficulties with Confidence
Monday, August 6, 2018
Advanced Employment Law: What You Need to Know
The FLSA, NBI Advanced Employment Law: What You Need to Know
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Ryan T. Neumeyer, McDonald Hopkins LLC, will present "The FLSA" at NBI's Advanced Employment Law seminar on August 7, 2018.
Real Estate Law Boot Camp
Wednesday, September 12, 2018
John Heer, McDonald Hopkins, will speak at the Real Estate Law Boot Camp.
From the Constitution to Today’s Immigration System, a Legal Primer for Non-Lawyers
Monday, September 17, 2018
Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak will discuss, "From the Constitution to Today’s Immigration System, a Legal Primer for Non-Lawyers"