How to Reduce Your Risk of HIPAA Rule Violations and Avoid Thousands in Fines and Penalties or Other Damaging Action by the OCR
The Office of Civil Rights (OCR) is taking an increasingly active role in its enforcement of HIPAA rules and regulations as well as investigations into suspected violations. And it’s no longer just major laboratories—OCR is now reviewing all providers.
In addition, OCR continues to audit laboratories and pathology practices under its Phase 2 HIPAA Audit Program. While these audits help OCR identify best practices, they also ensure that your laboratory or practice is compliant with specific standards of the Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification Rules. Noncompliance found during an audit can lead to an OCR investigation, which could result in fines, penalties, and other corrective action. And with the dramatic increase in fines and penalties recently, they could put your laboratory’s very survival in jeopardy.
To reduce your risk of serious action by OCR, take steps now to assess your HIPAA compliance program and fix any policies or procedures that could cause a finding of noncompliance.
Join Pathology Webinars Inc. and Emily Johnson, Associate, McDonald Hopkins LLC, and Jane Pine Wood, Chief Legal Counsel, Chief Compliance Officer, BioReference Laboratories, Inc., for a comprehensive session that will detail your lab or pathology practice’s compliance obligations under HIPAA and what you need to do to meet them when you register to attend “How to Reduce Your Risk of HIPAA Rule Violations and Avoid Thousands in Fines and Penalties or Other Damaging Action by the OCR” on Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 2 p.m. EST. Johnson and Pine Wood will show you what you can do to reduce your lab’s risk of a potential breach. You’ll also get details of recent OCR enforcement actions and how to avoid the types of problems that have gotten other labs in trouble with the agency.
Whether you’re a laboratory manager, compliance officer, general counsel, pathology practice manager—anyone whose organization needs to ensure compliance with HIPAA rules to avoid significant fines and penalties—this is one webinar you can’t afford to miss.
Register today to guarantee your place at this essential learning session. And remember that your entire team in one location can participate with you when you register.
COST: $245 per dial-in site (unlimited attendance per site)
- A comprehensive review of HIPAA privacy and security requirements.
- The financial and other risks associated with not having the right privacy and security measures in place.
- The damage that a breach or OCR investigation could do to your laboratory or pathology practice.
- How to identify and fix potential problems before your laboratory or pathology practice is audited.
- The status of HIPAA’s Audit Program Phase 2.
- OCR’s list of the most-investigated compliance issues, and what to do if they still exist in your organization.
- How HIPAA’s Breach Notification Rule could open up your laboratory to unwanted attention that could force it out of business.
- Case-study reviews of recent OCR enforcement actions.
How to Protect Business Information in 2017
Thursday, March 2, 2017
Key strategies for keeping your business secret's a secret.
Agents and Distributors
Friday, March 10, 2017
Agents and Distributors is part of the GlobalTarget Program at Cleveland State University.