Blockchain is coming: Are you ready?
The blockchain technology might have a revolutionary impact on how all business is conducted. Join us to learn about the many legal challenges and opportunities inherent in the technology's growing application across markets. Topics we will focus on include intellectual property, data privacy and securities. The presentation will feature guest speaker, Bernie Moreno, founder of Blockchain Cleveland, an initiative to establish Cleveland as a significant technology center by being a leader in blockchain solutions.
- Smart IP rights - using blockchain to record, track, monetize and enforce IP rights
- Protecting blockchain innovations
- Avoiding infringement of existing blockchain IP rights
- Transactional security issues - recourse (or lack thereof) when something goes wrong
- Data security - understanding nature of cryptocurrencies and protecting your wallet from criminals and your own missteps
- What is an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)?
- Launching your own currency and how it works
- Understanding Howey - knowing if a "token offering" is a securities offering
- SEC enforcement and regulation actions
- Compliance with existing law
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Fifth Third Center
600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Complimentary Valet Parking is available on Superior Avenue in front of the Fifth Third Center.
Micah Marcus - Moderator
Member; Chair, Securities
Colin Battersby, CIPP/US
President of the Bernie Moreno Companies; Founder of Blockchain Cleveland movement
Debt Collection, Bankruptcy & the Ohio Receivership Law
Saturday, December 1, 2018
McDonald Hopkins attorneys Scott Opincar and Colette Gibbons will present on December 1 at the Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association on recent amendments to Ohio’s receivership law and discuss significant appellate cases decided under those amendments.
Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims | Ohio Employment Law Seminar
Monday, December 10, 2018
Ryan Neumeyer will present Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims at the Ohio Employment Law Seminar on December 10, 2018.