Blockchain is coming: Are you ready?
The blockchain technology might have a revolutionary impact on how all business is conducted. Join us to learn about the many legal challenges and opportunities inherent in the technology's growing application across markets. Topics we will focus on include intellectual property, data privacy and securities. The presentation will feature guest speaker, Bernie Moreno, founder of Blockchain Cleveland, an initiative to establish Cleveland as a significant technology center by being a leader in blockchain solutions.
- Smart IP rights - using blockchain to record, track, monetize and enforce IP rights
- Protecting blockchain innovations
- Avoiding infringement of existing blockchain IP rights
- Transactional security issues - recourse (or lack thereof) when something goes wrong
- Data security - understanding nature of cryptocurrencies and protecting your wallet from criminals and your own missteps
- What is an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)?
- Launching your own currency and how it works
- Understanding Howey - knowing if a "token offering" is a securities offering
- SEC enforcement and regulation actions
- Compliance with existing law
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Fifth Third Center
600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Complimentary Valet Parking is available on Superior Avenue in front of the Fifth Third Center.
Micah Marcus - Moderator
Member; Chair, Securities
Colin Battersby, CIPP/US
President of the Bernie Moreno Companies; Founder of Blockchain Cleveland movement
For the Love of Retail Real Estate: Embracing Change and Adapting for Success
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Patrick Karbowski from McDonald Hopkins will discuss "Lease in Default? Best Practices Before and After the Default" at the ICSC's Michigan Continuing Education Program For Real Estate Professionals on February 14.
Attracting and retaining talent in a millennial world
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Understanding the millennial generation is not only important to ensure you are attracting top talent, it is vital to the longevity of any business. Please join us Thursday, March 21 for a discussion on attracting, retaining, and engaging millennials.