Defer Capital Gains and Depreciation Recapture Taxes
Like-kind exchanges allow clients to defer capital gains taxes when selling appreciated assets, like real estate, by acquiring replacement property. The benefits of a 1031 exchange in comparison to a typical sale and repurchase can be tremendous - but carrying out a successful exchange requires a strong grasp of technical rules, regulations and planning strategies. How does your knowledge and skills stack up? This detailed program will guide you step-by-step through the rule-driven process, from the initial deliberations to finalizing the exchange. Help your clients take advantage of tax opportunities - register today by clicking here.
David Gunning, Member, McDonald Hopkins
Greg Smith, Vice President, Investment Property Exchange Services
- Anticipate when a 1031 exchange would be advantageous for your client.
- Grasp key rules and requirements that are critical to obtaining benefits and avoiding audit issues.
- Receive clarification and real-world tips on designating the replacement property.
- Gain practical advice on structuring contract language and completing the required forms.
- Learn how to properly file and report taxes associated with the exchange.
- Uncover procedures for carrying out reverse exchanges.
A Glass-Ceiling Shattering Night for Women
Friday, March 8, 2019
A Glass-Ceiling Shattering Night for Women in celebration of International Women's Day
Attracting and retaining talent in a millennial world
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Understanding the millennial generation is not only important to ensure you are attracting top talent, it is vital to the longevity of any business. Please join us Thursday, March 21 for a discussion on attracting, retaining, and engaging millennials.
Lunch with Eric Gordon - Leaders in Education Series
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Lunch with Eric Gordon, CEO of the Cleveland Metropolitan School District as part of our Leaders in Education Lunch Series
Innovation without borders: The French-American Midwest Connection
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Please join McDonald Hopkins and the French American Chamber of Commerce (FACC) in Cleveland or via live webcast for "Innovation without Borders: The French-American Midwest Connection" with our special guest, Mr. Guillaume Lacroix, Consul General of France in Chicago.