The Insurance Lifecycle of a Ransomware Attack
April 10, 2018
2 - 3:15 p.m. ET
This webinar will discuss the lifecycle from a ransomware attack. In addition to touching on key trends and developments, it will provide an overview of the ransomware response process on a step-by-step basis, including facilitation and brokering of cryptocurrency for payment of ransom demands. The webinar will also tie the various response-related activities (including legal and computer forensics) and ransomware-related losses (including cyber extortion, business interruption, and data recovery) to coverages commonly available in the cyber insurance marketplace, and it will discuss other policies that often afford coverage for ransomware-related losses. Attendees will leave with an understanding of a ransomware “game plan” and an appreciation for how to most effectively leverage their insurance to respond to a ransomware event.
Register to attend here.
Partner and Co-Chair of
Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Edward (“Ted”) Brown
Wiley Rein LLP
Fee: The webinar is complimentary from HB. But upgrade for $95 to get CLE, the PowerPoint and the recording. The webinar is also available to subscribers of the West LegalEdcenter®, but you must register there.
CLE: 1 credit*
- How to prepare in advance a response plan for a ransomware event, including for incident response and for securing insurance coverage.
- How to prepare for and spot new ransomware attack vectors and emerging ransomware-related impacts.
- All about coverage under cyber insurance policies (including for breach response, third-party liability, regulatory investigations, cyber extortion, business interruption, and data recovery) and under other types of policies with coverage for ransomware (including kidnap and ransom and property policies).
- How to prepare for and mitigate exposure for litigation or regulatory enforcement following ransomware incidents, in addition to the latest trends on both fronts.
- How to explain the ransomware lifecycle from an insurance perspective, both procedurally (how and when does payment take place) and substantively (what is potentially covered and under what provisions).
For the Love of Retail Real Estate: Embracing Change and Adapting for Success
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Patrick Karbowski from McDonald Hopkins will discuss "Lease in Default? Best Practices Before and After the Default" at the ICSC's Michigan Continuing Education Program For Real Estate Professionals on February 14.
Attracting and retaining talent in a millennial world
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Understanding the millennial generation is not only important to ensure you are attracting top talent, it is vital to the longevity of any business. Please join us Thursday, March 21 for a discussion on attracting, retaining, and engaging millennials.