Eliminating Kickbacks in Recovery Act (EKRA) and the impact on the healthcare industry
In October 2018, the Eliminating Kickbacks in Recovery Act (EKRA) was signed into law as part of the larger SUPPORT Act. It is an important piece of legislation impacting the healthcare industry, as a violation is punishable by a fine of up to $200,000 and/ or imprisonment of up to 10 years for each occurrence.
We will be discussing a wide range of topics related to EKRA via live webcast on April 11, 2019 at 2:00 p.m. ET.
- What is EKRA and who does it effect?
- What is the scope of EKRA's impact?
- Does EKRA preempt the Anti-Kickback Statute and its longstanding safe harbors?
- Sales and Marketing arrangments under EKRA
- Compliance considerations when structuring arrangements with recovery homes, clinical treatment facilities, and laboratories
- Reevaluating existing arrangements