Qualified Opportunity Zones: What are they and how do they work?
McDonald Hopkins and the Portsmouth Ohio Area Chamber of Commerce invite you to join attorneys John Gambill and Dave Ebersole of McDonald Hopkins for a 60-minute presentation to learn how best to develop Ohio’s federally designated Opportunity Zones and take advantage of the tax benefits associated with these projects.Recent years have shown a resurgence in development within the City of Portsmouth. Now, with the designation of several Qualified Opportunity Zones in Scioto County, developing projects in the area can provide some truly incredible benefits if the program is utilized correctly.
This presentation will provide an overview of the benefits of the program and the requirements applicable to investments in Qualified Opportunity Zone projects, including recent Treasury guidance on a number of key questions and recent developments in Ohio.
- Who is entitled to receive Qualified Opportunity Zone tax benefits
- What is a Qualified Opportunity Fund, and how is it formed
- How can Qualified Opportunity Funds use investment proceeds
- Requirements and limitations applicable to Qualified Opportunity Funds
- Recent developments in Ohio law related to Qualified Opportunity Funds
- Penalties for failure to satisfy Qualified Opportunity Zone requirements
- Practical considerations when developing a Qualified Opportunity Zone project
1202 18th Street
Portsmouth, Ohio 45662
Teaming, Joint Ventures, and Mentor Protégé Program to Gain a Competitive Edge: Legal, Financial & Practical Considerations
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
20 Employment Law Challenges for 2020
Thursday, January 23, 2020
During this Business Hour, we will discuss key employment law issues facing employers and provide guidance to assist employers in addressing these challenges for 2020 and beyond.
The SECURE Act and key provisions affecting retirement plans
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Join our Employee Benefits attorneys on February 25 as they discuss items affecting your retirement plan, including the SECURE Act.
Cumulative impact claims and how to present them or defend against them
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Peter Welin will be presenting on cumulative impact claims and how to present them or defend against them for Lorman Education Services on March 18.