IP Innovation Webinar Series, Session 1
CEO Innovation Roundtable
How to survive during a pandemic and thrive post-pandemic
In this webinar session, McDonald Hopkins Intellectual Property Department Chair David Cupar will lead a CEO roundtable discussion with two innovative companies to examine how to survive during a pandemic and thrive post-pandemic.
Jodi Berg, CEO of Vitamix and Julie Smolyansky, CEO of Lifeway Foods will reveal how their businesses had to adapt and plan during the pandemic including:
- Major effects on their businesses
- Required changes and innovations
- Significant accomplishments and lessons learned
- Key innovations moving forward
Some key takeaways from the webinar include:
- Algorithms were not designed for a pandemic: Recognizing that the answer will not come through a computer screen is key. Willingness to change and innovate is not an option.
- Address needs at an individual level: It is incorrect to believe that a one-size-fits-solution works for your team, supply chain or customers. It is important to address these needs at the individual level as holistically as possible.
- Create and test drive a new playbook in record time: A strong business and team is willing to perform a change, review that change, and make further changes as needed.
- Purpose is the why; innovation answers the what and how: Your key core value is knowing your purpose – your why. This then drives solutions and innovations – your what and how.