Effective legal service in the environmental industry requires more than a thorough understanding of the alphabet soup of environmental law. We have attorneys who have devoted their careers to this industry; they know why the laws have been enacted and can explain how the laws impact your business. Our team will tirelessly advocate on your behalf before federal and state courts when laws are being misapplied against your business. And we advocate for appropriate changes to existing law. We have utilized various state Brownfields laws to promote major redevelopments of environmentally impaired property.
From addressing facility operations and expansions to resolving non-compliance situations, we have assisted a variety of clients in all aspects of regulatory compliance and transactional activities involving:
- Solid and hazardous waste
- Underground storage tanks
- Site assessments and remediation
- Voluntary cleanups
- Lender and corporate officer liability
- Permit applications (renewals and modifications)
We provide guidance on reporting requirements including:
- Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA)
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA)
- Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA)
- Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA)
We represent and negotiate on behalf of our clients with respect to:
- Notices of violation
- Findings and orders
- Consent orders
- Public hearings
- Public meetings
- Represent upstream, midstream and downstream oil and gas operations in all aspects of environmental matters.
- Represent various mineral and energy extraction companies.
- Serve as environmental counsel to a major wallpaper manufacturer with facilities throughout the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom.
- Serve as national environmental counsel for three Tier I auto parts suppliers.
- Represent the United States’ leading specialty polymers manufacturing company in all aspects of environmental and emergency response proceedings.
- Represent a major steel manufacturer in litigation involving its environmental permits for the construction and operation of a metallurgical coke plant.
- Serve as environmental counsel for a global brass and bronze ingot manufacturer.
- Serve as environmental counsel to one of Ohio’s largest cheese manufacturers.
- Represent a commercial developer in obtaining regulatory approvals for construction of a Town Center Shopping Development on a former landfill.
- Serve as environmental counsel for the City of Cleveland and its Department of Port Control, with respect to its two municipal airports.
- Represent several municipalities with respect to infrastructure improvement matters, including storm and sanitary sewers.
- Serve as common counsel to Potentially Responsible Party Groups at multiple federal and state Superfund sites in administrative proceedings and litigation.
- Represent one of the world’s largest manufacturers of newsprint ink.