The laboratory industry is in uncharted waters. Healthcare reform has added to the uncertainty by accelerating existing trends – and adding new concerns. Third party payor and government reimbursement rates already under pressure are being further reduced. If you are a smaller providers, consolidation through mergers or affiliations appears to be the trend, if not an outright necessity. If you choose to “go it alone,” you may find yourself shut out of networks.
Because of this, you can’t afford to have advisors who are learning on the job. You need advisors who already understand your industry and have years of experience representing other healthcare providers.
At our firm, we are able to call upon decades of institutional experience in a variety of healthcare representations, including our work for dozens of clinical, anatomic pathology and molecular laboratories. Our attorneys understand the challenges you face. While we can’t solve all your problems, we can offer suggestions and guide you through the changes you face.
Our services Include:
- Mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures, and other transactions in distressed situations
- Negotiation of new arrangements with investors, lenders, landlords, vendors, unions, payers and other third parties
- Business protection, including consensual, out-of-court restructurings and chapter 11 filings
- Accreditation and licensure
- Data privacy and network security
- Managed care contracting
- Strategic planning under healthcare reform
- Representative Laboratory Representations
We’ve assisted hundreds of laboratory clients, including:
- Ohio-based pathology laboratory, in a sale to a multi-facility system
- Muncie, Indiana, laboratory, in a sale to a national system
- California-based hospital, in a sale of its outreach laboratory business
- Massachusetts-based laboratory, in a sale to a private equity group
- Torrence, California, pathology laboratory, in a recapitalization
- Seattle, Washington, laboratory, in a strategic alliance transaction
- Multi-state laboratory system, as special counsel in its restructuring
- Florida pathology laboratory, in an asset sale