From initial start-up and entity formation issues to the growth, maturity and succession planning of your business – we understand the challenges you face throughout every stage of growth in the life sciences industry. Many of our attorneys hold scientific degrees and have practical experience and technical knowledge in a variety of life science fields. Our experience encompasses a wide range of biotechnology fields, including:
- Diagnostic assays
- Implantable biomedical devices
- Wireless sensor/reader systems
- Biocompatible materials and systems
- Organic and inorganic chemicals
- Advanced materials
- Material science pertaining to medical devices
A full service approach and experienced attorneys means your organization has access to a range of legal and business services, including:
- Drug and pharmacy services
- Executive compensation
- FDA issues
- Government affairs
- Intellectual property
- Labor and employment counseling and litigation
- Mass tort and product liability litigation
- Medical devices
Our clients range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical and medical device companies to start-ups, as well as research centers, universities, investment banking, and venture capital firms.
- Sales and acquisitions of laboratories.
- Assisting laboratories and other healthcare companies in third-party investment transactions.
- Sale and acquisition of medical device, nutritional and pharmaceutical companies and businesses.
- Establishment of laboratory joint ventures.
- Structuring of joint ventures for conducting FDA clinical trials.
- Development of a HIPAA compliance program for a large university.
- Development of a HIPAA compliance plan for a pharmacy chain.
- Development of HIPAA and fraud and abuse compliance plan for hospitals, long-term facilities, physicians, laboratories and other healthcare facilities and providers.
- Formation of an entity for conducting clinical trials.
- Formation of a national telemedicine company.
- Formation of laboratories.
- Restructuring of independent laboratory and related companies.
- Representation of a large biotech company in chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Redesign of retirement benefit program for a large laboratory and related entities.
- Structuring of the real estate components of hospital and laboratory sales and acquisitions.
- Advocacy and professional education initiatives for professional organizations.
- Representation of healthcare technology and biotech companies regarding formation, capital raising, and intellectual property matters.
- Crafting of institutional, bond and private placements financings.