The Ohio Chamber of Commerce and Ohio Shale
We recently held our annual end of year Shale Update. I believe this was our best Shale Forum to date, with a panel that included:
- Mike Moore – CEO and President of Gulfport Energy
- Rick Simmers – Division of Oil and Gas Section Chief at ODNR
- Senator Troy Balderson – Member of the Ohio Senate and Chair of the Energy and Natural Resources Committee
- Don Templin – President of MPLX and Executive Vice President of Marathon Petroleum
- Andrew Doehrel – CEO and President of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce
A highlight of the forum for me was Andy Doehrel’s opening remarks. In less than four minutes, he does a great job of tracing the history of Oil and Gas in Ohio and finishes with a quick description of the magnitude of the current shale revolution. You can view the entire Energy Forum “Shale Update: 2016 Analysis | 2017 Forecast” on our website here.
The oil and gas industry ended 2016 on a high note, 2017 looks to build on that momentum. I look forward to sharing more good news with you.