Alex Misakian is an associate in the firm's national Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, Alex spent three years as an associate at a large firm with over 50 locations throughout the country. He handled a variety of legal matters involving the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act, professional liability, premise liability and insurance coverage litigation.
Alex has assisted clients in the development of cybersecurity frameworks, privacy policies and incident response planning, and advised in preparation for and responding to data security breaches, determining and sending required notifications to affected individuals, state regulators, departments of insurances and states’ offices of attorneys general in compliance with regulatory requirements.
Alex earned his J.D. in 2018 from the IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he was president and founder of the Cyber Security and Data Privacy Society. He was also a founding board member of the school’s Blockchain, ICOs and Crypto-Currency Organization. In 2015, Alex earned a Bachelor of Philosophy degree while graduating magna cum laude from DePaul University.
Alex is fluent in Russian.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
Admissions - State
- Chicago-Kent College of Law
- DePaul University
Honors and Awards
- Named one of the Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2021-2022)
- OFAC sanctions necessitate improved cybersecurity preparedness and an experienced incident response team