Chuck is the former chair of the Business Law Department in which he led more than 10 practice groups and some 50 attorneys in the firm's six offices. He is a legal and strategic advisor to a variety of clients—from emerging businesses to major privately-held companies. Chuck's more than 35 years of experience spans a number of industries including distribution, specialized equipment and precision parts, manufacturing, heavy equipment, sales and service, food handling and processing equipment, and various service industries. He has counseled clients on a wide range of subjects related to both daily operations and long-term strategic and succession planning, such as contracts, personnel issues, transactions, and more. Throughout his career, Chuck has helped clients address a myriad of complex business and legal issues by providing thoughtful and comprehensive solutions. Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins in 1998, Chuck was managing partner of Zellmer & Gruber.
Chuck earned his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University School of Law in 1972. He received a B.A. from Hamilton College in 1969.
Admissions - State
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- Hamilton College
Honors and Awards
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in America (2016-2019)
- American Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Beech Brook (Board of Directors Co-Chair, Development Committee; Member, Finance and Services Committee)
- Cleveland Play House (Board of Directors)
- Horizon Montessori School (Board of Directors, 1988-present; President, 1995-present)
- Near West Theatre (Board, 2001-2006; President 2004-2005; Advisory Board 2006-present)