Christal is a member and provides general corporate counseling to a variety of businesses, business owners, boards of directors, management teams and investors on matters relating to corporate governance, commercial contracts, compliance and operational issues. Her practice is also focused on representing private equity funds, search funds and both strategic buyers and sellers in various types of transactions, including complex mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, leveraged buyouts, distressed acquisitions and dispositions, financings, and investments. Christal’s industry experience covers a wide array of industries such as quick-service and full-service franchise restaurants, healthcare, polymers, manufacturing and software. Christal has also served in an in-house counsel capacity for a software service provider, a polymer manufacturer, an energy services company, and an international manufacturer and distributor of household and commercial products.
- Represented multi-national inks and coatings manufacturer in the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of a large U.S. based inks and coatings manufacturer for $100 million.
- Represented a substance abuse and drug rehabilitation center in its sale of stock to a public healthcare company.
- Represented Quaker Steak and Lube, owner, operator and franchisor of over 65 casual dining restaurants, in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a strategic public company buyer pursuant to a §363 sale out of bankruptcy.
- Represented selling company in sale of assets to private equity fund as part of a roll-up of companies.
- Represented buyers and sellers in asset sales, stock sales, and mergers.
- Represented private equity funds in acquisitions, dispositions, and fund formations.
- Represented buyers and sellers in §363 and Article 9 transactions.
- Represented franchisee in the disposition of multiple restaurants.
- Represented clients in the formation and operation of joint ventures in the healthcare industry.
- Served as outside general counsel to software companies, energy services companies, and manufacturing companies.
Admissions - State
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Ashland University
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Dobama Theatre (Board of Directors)
- "Considering a Sale of Your Business? Be Familiar with the Concept of an Earnout," RBMA Monthly Legal Update Digest August 2011