Christine N. Czuprynski
Christine Czuprynski is a member in the firm’s national Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group and focuses her practice specifically in the area of data privacy and cybersecurity.
Christine has experience counseling clients on topics ranging from security breach preparedness and response, to SMS and email marketing campaigns. She provides regulatory advice on the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), CAN-SPAM, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), and the cross border exchange of personal information. In addition, she has extensive litigation experience, defending clients against privacy-related class actions, including the TCPA and data security breaches.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, Christine was an associate at Reed Smith and an assistant attorney general in the Consumer Fraud Bureau of the Office of the Illinois Attorney General. In the latter role, she participated in multistate investigations into large security breaches. Furthermore, Christine provided guidance to businesses and government agencies on compliance with Illinois privacy laws and supported the Illinois Attorney General’s Identity Theft Unit.
Christine earned a J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School in 2005. She graduated from Western Michigan University, magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, with a Bachelor of Arts in political science; and a Bachelor of Fine Arts in dance in 2000.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
Admissions - State
- Potential imminent cyber threat to hospitals and healthcare providers
- 9 tips for keeping your workforce CyberSavvy while working from home
- Supreme Court of Illinois holds no actual injury is required to state a claim under the Illinois Biometric Information Privacy Act
- How the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 could impact your business
- Federal breach notification law now in effect in Canada
- Out with the old, in with the new: 6 upcoming changes to EU data protection law under the GDPR
- Tick-tock: GDPR enforcement is less than 9 months away
- Cybersecurity and data privacy trends to expect in 2020
- California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018: What you need to know
- 5 California Consumer Privacy Act amendments signed into law
- Top 3 cybersecurity trends of 2019
- Texas amends data breach notification law
- How will you respond to a ransomware attack?
- Google fined millions for alleged GDPR violations
- Illinois requires state employees to receive cybersecurity training
- Ransomware roundup
- Data breach notification law update
- What you can learn from Google Docs email scam
- IRS notifies 100K of potential FAFSA data breach
- "Cybersecurity trends 2020"
- "Technology Offers Efficiency, People Provide Insight"
- MH Business Exchange Episode 9 helps businesses comply with the EU’s new data protection regulation
- McDonald Hopkins to examine GDPR's impact on American businesses
- Data privacy and breach response attorney Christine Czuprynski joins McDonald Hopkins
- Episode 36: Cybersecurity trends for 2020
- Episode 32: How will the California Consumer Privacy Act impact you?
- Episode 09: GDPR is coming - Is your business prepared?
- "Preventing and Responding to Payroll Fraud Incidents," PEO Insider, Volume 23/No. 1, February 2019
- The importance of Cybersecurity for Your Retirement Plan, 401(k) Advisor (January 2019)
- Data Security for Schools: A Legal and Policy Guide for School Boards, National School Boards Association, January 2017
- Beware the Growth of State AG Enforcement Efforts, Corporate Counsel, Co-Author, May 22, 2015
- Illinois AG Targets ID Theft, Earlier Breach Notification, The Privacy Advisor, Co-Author, April 28, 2015
- Oregon AG Seeks Tougher State Breach Law, The Privacy Advisor, Co-Author, March 24, 2015
- Splitting the Baby: FCC Says Solicited Faxed Ads Must Contain Opt-Out Language But Establishes Retroactive Waiver Process, BNA Insights, Co-Author, December 16, 2014
- Q&A: Connecticut AG Talks Privacy Enforcement, Collaboration with the FTC, The Privacy Advisor, Co-Author, August 26, 2014
- Data Privacy & Security Network Interference: A Legal Guide to the Commercial Risks and Rewards of the Social Media, Phenomenon (3rd Edition), White Paper, April 22, 2014
- Cyber Master Class Session 4: Incident response planning | Thursday, November 19, 2020
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA): Are you ready? | Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Cybersecurity and employee benefit plans: Are you at risk? | Wednesday, July 17, 2019
- 2018 Medical/Legal Summit | Friday, April 13, 2018
- Is Your Business Ready for the GDPR? | Tuesday, November 28, 2017
- “How To Advise School Districts on Data Security,” 2017 Council of School Attorneys School Law Seminar (March 24, 2017)
- "FCC’s Order Regarding Inclusion of Opt-Out Language In Solicited Fax Ads and Steps to Seeking a Retroactive Waiver," TCPA Teleseminar (November 19, 2014)
- International Data Privacy Day: Hot Topics in 2013 and Beyond, Panelist (January 28, 2013)
- FTC Issues Final Commission Report on Consumer Privacy, Teleseminar (April 2, 2012)
- The Department of Commerce Steams Ahead with Privacy Regulatory Blueprint: What you Need To Know, Teleseminar (March 1, 2012)
- "What's Next from the Federal and State Regulators?," ACI's 11th Annual Forum on Privacy and Security of Consumer and Employee Information Seminar (February 2012)
- "Complying with State Public Notification Requirements and Deadlines: Making Sense of Conflicting Priorities in the Event of a Breach," ACI's 5th Annual Forum on Cyber & Data Risk Insurance Seminar (September 2011)
- HB Litigation Conferences/NetDiligence Cyber Risk & Privacy Liability Forum, Seminar (June 9-10, 2011)
- Practising Law Institute 12th Annual Privacy & Data Security Law Institute, San Francisco & Chicago, Seminar (2011)
- "Emerging Privacy & Security Enforcement & Liability," American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) EHR Legal Summit Seminar (August 2010)
- Practising Law Institute 11th Annual Privacy & Data Security Law Institute, Chicago, IL, Seminar (2010)
- "Privacy Matters: Identity Theft & Data Security," Illinois State Bar Association Solo & Small Firm Conference, (October 22-24, 2009)
- 2nd Annual Privacy Symposium, Harvard University, Seminar (August 2008)
- "Identity Theft, Data Breach & Data Security," Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Seminar (May 2007)