Christopher is an associate in the Business Department at McDonald Hopkins and part of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions team. His practice is focused on representing a variety of clients, including private companies and private equity funds, in various corporate transactions including mergers, dispositions, acquisitions and distressed acquisitions and dispositions. Christopher’s clients include those in the manufacturing and distribution, healthcare, biomedical, skilled nursing, and food industries. His experience includes leading transactions for both sellers and buyers in the middle market in a variety of industries. Christopher’s experience also includes providing general corporate counseling to a variety of businesses in the manufacturing, aerospace, food and restaurant, industrial, franchise, automotive, consumer products, technology and healthcare industries.
He earned his J.D. from The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law in 2015, where he served as the executive editor for the Ohio State Journal on Dispute Resolution. Christopher also received a B.A. in English and political science from The Ohio State University in 2012.
- Represented large Colorado pathology practice in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a publicly-traded laboratory company.
- Represented a West Coast dermatologist practice in its sale to a private equity buyer.
- Represented Cleveland design and manufacturing company in the sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Represented a Midwestern dermatology and pathology group in the $43 million sale of its business to a private equity buyer.
- Represented large pathology practice in the sale of substantially all of its assets to a publicly-traded laboratory company.
- Represented a West Coast meat packing and distribution company in the sale of its assets to a public company.
- Represented Cleveland manufacturing company in asset sale of business division and intellectual property.
- Represented Cleveland manufacturing company in asset sale of business divisions.
- Represented Northeast Ohio sales and manufacturing company in sale of all of its equity.
- Represented Northeast Ohio skilled nursing facility in sale of substantially all of its assets.
- Represented Cleveland biomedical services company in sale of substantially all of its assets.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law
- The Ohio State University
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Rising Stars (2020-2021)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- St. Ignatius High School Alumni Association, Service Committee Member
- West Side Catholic Center, Associate Board Member
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mentor
- Franchi highlights potential conflict issues with SPAC transactions
- SPACs and private investment in public equity
- Special Purpose Acquisition Companies
- SEC adopts amendments clarifying exemptions to private offerings
- Letters of intent: Binding or non-binding
- SEC response to coronavirus outbreak
- SEC continues to treat cryptocurrency as securities
- SEC reports large increase in capital raised via private placements