Connect with Courtney
- Connect on LinkedIn
Courtney counsels and represents clients in Medicare audits and other health care related matters, including PQRS eligibility and compliance, and representation before the Department of Health and Human Services, Civil Remedies Division for appeals or revocations and payment suspensions. She also prepares responses to suspension and revocation letters, corrective action plans, requests for reconsideration and related documents.
Courtney counsels and represents clients in litigation and litigation-related matters. Her practice focuses on business litigation and dispute resolution in a broad array of cases including business torts, breaches of contract, lender liability, trade secrets, commercial mortgage foreclosures, homeowners’ and condominium owners’ association disputes, insurance coverage disputes, restrictive covenant disputes, and intellectual property disputes.
She has represented corporate clients and individuals in federal and state courts, as well as in alternative dispute resolution forums. In addition, Courtney has bankruptcy litigation experience in assignment of creditor claims and breaches of fiduciary duties by directors and officers. Her prior law firm experience includes insurance coverage and trademark work.
Prior to joining the firm, Courtney served as a staff attorney for the Public International Law and Policy Group from 2006 to 2007 in Baghdad, Iraq. She worked with legislators and the Federal Supreme Court advising senior ranking officials on drafting implementing legislation, amending current legislation and amending the Constitution.
Courtney received an M.A. from American University, School of International Service, in 2004. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from American University Washington College of Law in 2003, and a B.A. from James Madison University in 1997.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Admissions - State
- District of Columbia
- American University, School of International Service
- American University Washington College of Law
- James Madison University
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Volunteer, Big Dog Ranch Rescue
- Volunteer, Boca Raton Rugby Football Club – Men’s team
- International Expert/Panelist, “Federal Supreme Court,” United Nations Multi-Part Dialogue on “Mapping out a New Federal Judicial System for Iraq,” Cairo, Egypt, January 2007
- Presenter, “Sovereignty, Self-Determination & Terrorism,” International Law Students Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, April 2003
- Participant in International Roundtable on Comparative Analysis of American Law and Russian Law, The Russian Federation, June 2001