Courtney counsels and represents clients in government and private payer audits and other payer disputes, and compliance false claims act investigations and related proceedings, including CID responses. She also represents clients before the Department of Health and Human Services, Civil Remedies Division related to appeals, revocations or payment suspensions.
Courtney also counsels and represents clients in business and commercial litigation and litigation-related matters. Her practice focuses on litigation and dispute resolution in a broad array of cases including business torts, breaches of contract, lender liability, trade secrets, shareholder disputes, restrictive covenant disputes, and intellectual property disputes.
Courtney assists on various employment-based immigration petitions and related adjustment of status petitions.
Prior to joining the firm, Courtney served as a staff attorney for the Public International Law and Policy Group from 2006 to 2007 in Baghdad, Iraq. She worked with legislators and the Federal Supreme Court advising senior ranking officials on drafting implementing legislation, amending current legislation and amending the Constitution.
Courtney received an M.A. from American University, School of International Service, in 2004. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from American University Washington College of Law in 2003, and a B.A. from James Madison University in 1997.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
Admissions - State
- District of Columbia
- American University, School of International Service
- American University, Washington College of Law
- James Madison University
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Florida Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- 2017-2018 AHLA Leadership Development Program, Health Care Liability and Litigation Practice Group
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Volunteer, Big Dog Ranch Rescue
- Volunteer, Boca Raton Rugby Football Club – Men’s team
Labs have independent duty to certify tests billed to Medicare are medically necessary
2017 update on maximum charges for copies of medical records in Illinois
2017 update on maximum charges for copies of medical records in Michigan
2017 update on maximum charges for copies of medical records in Florida
Employing foreign physicians and researchers during the Trump years
The impact of "Buy American and Hire American" Executive Order No. 13788
3 federal fraud and abuse laws explained
60 Day Rule: Avoid reverse false claims liability
Medicare appeals process
ALJ Delays: Appellants win latest battle against CMS
3 recent decisions affecting businesses seeking to enforce restrictive covenants
Best practices for effective electronic communication
- International Expert/Panelist, “Federal Supreme Court,” United Nations Multi-Part Dialogue on “Mapping out a New Federal Judicial System for Iraq,” Cairo, Egypt, January 2007
- Presenter, “Sovereignty, Self-Determination & Terrorism,” International Law Students Annual Meeting, Washington, DC, April 2003
- Participant in International Roundtable on Comparative Analysis of American Law and Russian Law, The Russian Federation, June 2001