David L. Drechsler
David Drechsler helps clients navigate inheritance controversies, commercial and real estate disputes, and intellectual property disputes. As a probate litigation attorney, he handles inheritance controversy disputes relating to wills, trusts and other forms of after-death designations. David often guides clients through the emotional and difficult conflicts that arise when handling complex trust and estate disputes.
He also represents individuals and companies regarding all different types of business, and real estate controversies such as shareholder/partner disputes, uniform commercial code disputes, breach of agreements including non-competition agreements and tenant/landlord disputes as well as intellectual property involving patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets. He has 30 years of experience handling these types of matters.
David handles cases before the federal and state courts, and has vast experience in the following matters:
- Inheritance controversy including complex probate matters pertaining to wills, trusts and even breach of fiduciary cases.
- Business/commercial disputes including all different types of business disputes such as shareholder/partner disputes, uniform commercial code disputes, breach of agreements including non-competition agreements and otherwise.
- Real estate disputes including business owners and tenants regarding disputes amongst each other at the location where they are renting or owning.
David earned a J.D., cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law. He received a B.S. in Business Marketing from The Ohio State University.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Federal Court of Claims
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
Admissions - State
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law
- The Ohio State University
Honors and Awards
- Named one of the Best Lawyers in America (2012-2021)
- Selected for inclusion in Ohio Super Lawyers (2007, 2009-2020)
- Selected for inclusion in Cleveland's top 50 Super Lawyers (2009)
- Recognized in Super Lawyers Corporate Counsel Edition (2008-2010)
- Recognized in Super Lawyers Business Edition for Business Litigation (2011)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating of AV Preeminent, which is the highest possible rating in both legal and ethical standards as established by confidential opinions from members of the Bar
- Banks Baldwin Advocacy Award Recipient
- American Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- The William K. Thomas American Inn of Court, President (2019-present), Executive Committee (2017-present)
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Open Doors Academy, Board Member
- Case Western Reserve Alumni Association, Board Member
- Akron Zoological Park, Executive Committee, Member; Former Secretary and Member, Board of Trustees
- Cleveland Treatment Center, General Counsel; Former Board Member
- Lawyer of the Year honorees Riley and Welin among 42 McDonald Hopkins attorneys recognized as 2021 Best Lawyers
- 41 attorneys from McDonald Hopkins recognized as 2020 Best Lawyers®
- Renowned Ohio litigator David L. Drechsler joins McDonald Hopkins
- McDonald Hopkins welcomes renowned litigators David L Drechsler and Michael J Matasich