Liz is a member of the firm’s National Healthcare Practice. She began her legal career as an associate in the Healthcare Practice group and recently returned to McDonald Hopkins. For the past four years Liz served as associate counsel for The Cleveland Clinic Foundation where she provided regulatory advice and transactional guidance to various service lines, including the clinical laboratory, professional pathology, imaging, transplant, and remote and distance health teams.
During her career, Liz has assisted clinical laboratories, hospitals, physician specialty groups, telehealth providers, transplant centers, surgery centers, healthcare associations, pharmacies, and other healthcare providers on regulatory, licensing, compliance, reimbursement, contractual, and corporate matters. She has provided support to entities during licensure and accreditation surveys and assisted in navigating state professional licensure laws, CLIA standards and state laboratory laws, government and private payor reimbursement, fraud and abuse rules, state telehealth laws, HIPAA rules and regulations, and state and federal pharmacy regulation.
Elizabeth earned a J.D. and Certificate of Advanced Studies in Health Law from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, an M.A. in Bioethics and a B.A., cum laude, in Political Science from Case Western Reserve University.
Admissions - State
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Case Western Reserve University
“Patient Privacy Breach Attracts National News Coverage”, The Dark Report, December 19, 2016
- "The First 100 Days of the New Administration: What We Know and What We Don't", American Pathology Foundation Coding & Practice Management, Atlanta, Georgia, March 27, 2017
- Copresenter, "Pathology Compliance: Strategies for Success in 2017", American Pathology Foundation Coding & Practice Management, Atlanta, Georgia, March 27, 2017
- "Compliance Considerations for Clinical Laboratories”, Cardinal Health Lab Briefings Webinar Series, January 25, 2017
- Copresenter, “Preparing For 2017's Tougher Lab Regulations and New Legal Issues: What Every Lab and Pathology Group Needs to Know to Protect Revenue and Stay Compliant”, The Dark Report Webinar, October 12, 2016.