Frank Wardega is an experienced attorney with several years of M&A deal experience, as well as a broad-based business practice providing general business counseling to middle market and Fortune 500 corporate clients. His experience includes entrepreneurs with business formation and equity or debt financing, negotiating agreements with strategic partners or investors, managing clients’ trademarks and copyrights and negotiating complex business transitions.
Prior to practicing law, Frank spent 11 years at Ernst & Young LLP, first as a human resource generalist in New York City, then as an operations team lead and business analyst in Cleveland.
Frank earned his J.D., cum laude, from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law in 2007, where he served as the research editor of the Journal of Law and Health. He received a B.A. in English from Ohio University in 1991.
- Negotiated an agreement between a provider of analytic personality tests and related services and the National Football League affiliate that hosts the collegiate combine.
- Represented a private equity buyer with its leveraged buyout of a personal care and travel products distributed business.
- Represented a closely-held chemical distributor in its acquisition of a controlling-interest in a complementary distribution business.
- Represented two private equity companies in the $140 million sale of an aviation logistics business with international operations.
- Represented a publicly-held manufacturer in a $413 million private sale of the company.
- Negotiated and drafted all transaction documents for affiliation between two private Northeast Ohio child welfare agencies/nonprofits, including drafting an affiliation agreement, new articles of incorporation and codes of regulations for both entities.
- Drafted and negotiated asset purchase agreement between local non-profit franchise of larger national non-profit.
Represented a nonprofit religious publishing organization and its founders in a sale of all intellectual property assets to a large national Catholic nonprofit organization.
Admissions - State
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Ohio University
Honors and Awards
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards, Mergers & Acquisitions and Law, Literature & Film
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Kenston Community Education’s Ski Club
- Musical Arts Association of Kenston
- Applewood Centers Inc, Board Member
- RePlay for Kids, Advisor to Board of Directors
- First Unitarian Church of Cleveland, Nominating Committee
- Junior Achievement of Cleveland
- BadGirl Ventures, Mentor and instructor
- Lake Taylor Colony Homeowners; Association, Board Member
- “The Future of Corporate Social Reporting: The Health and Wellness of Human Capital as Indicators of a Company’s Financial Well Being”- Journal of Law and Health (2007)
- The founder's exit strategy: From beginning to end | Thursday, February 22, 2018