Hussein Jaward is an associate in the Firm’s national Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group. He is accredited by the International Association of Privacy Professionals as a Certified Information Privacy Professional for the United States Private Sector, which is regarded as the gold standard certification for privacy professionals. His practice is focused on counseling retailers, law firms, certified public accountants, educational institutions, corporations, manufacturers, mobile application developers, utilities, electric cooperatives, and other business entities with data privacy law compliance and regulatory investigations, including prior to and in the aftermath of data security incidents. Hussein also has experience in the areas of business and commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on data privacy litigation.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins as an associate, Hussein served as a law clerk in McDonald Hopkins PLC’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group, and before that, as a law clerk at a Detroit personal injury firm where he specialized in employment and products liability litigation.
Admissions - State
- Wayne State University Law School
- University of Michigan-Dearborn
Honors and Awards
- Law school: Provost Scholarship; Romano Stancroff Endowed Scholarship; Mark Weiss Memorial Endowed Scholarship (2 years in a row); Goldberg Pitt Scholarship; Oehmke Scholarship; Marilyn J. Kelly Scholarship; and Alumni at Miller Canfield Scholarship.
- Undergraduate: Barbara T. Dempsey Memorial Scholarship; Merit Scholarship; Dr. John Dempsey Memorial Scholarship; and Sam Zehra Scholarship.
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
Cyber threats construction firms should be aware of, but aren’t
5 data privacy and cybersecurity tips for construction firms
In the face of cybersecurity threats, federal court orders Georgia to reform voting systems
Amid storm of cyber attacks, Louisiana governor declares state of emergency
Efforts underway to mitigate cyber risks facing US elections
Texas amends data breach notification law
Federal Energy Regulatory Commission expands cybersecurity incident reporting requirements
Texas enacts new laws bolstering cybersecurity of utilities and electric cooperatives
Important changes coming to Massachusetts' breach notice law