Hussein Jaward is an associate in the Firm’s national Data Privacy and Cyber Security Practice Group. His practice is focused on counseling retailers, law firms, certified public accountants, educational institutions, corporations, and other business entities with data privacy law compliance and regulatory investigations, including prior to and in the aftermath of data security incidents. Hussein also has experience in the areas of business and commercial litigation with a particular emphasis on data privacy litigation.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins as an associate, Hussein served as a law clerk in McDonald Hopkins PLC’s Data Privacy and Cybersecurity Practice Group, and before that, as a law clerk at a Detroit personal injury firm where he specialized in employment and products liability litigation.
Admissions - State
- Wayne State University Law School
- University of Michigan-Dearborn
Honors and Awards
- Law school: Provost Scholarship; Romano Stancroff Endowed Scholarship; Mark Weiss Memorial Endowed Scholarship (2 years in a row); Goldberg Pitt Scholarship; Oehmke Scholarship; Marilyn J. Kelly Scholarship; and Alumni at Miller Canfield Scholarship.
- Undergraduate: Barbara T. Dempsey Memorial Scholarship; Merit Scholarship; Dr. John Dempsey Memorial Scholarship; and Sam Zehra Scholarship.
- Federal Bar Association – Eastern District of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association