Prior to joining the firm in 2006, Jayson spent seven years in the IT industry supporting the automotive and finance industries in Detroit.
Jayson earned his J.D. from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2006. He received a B.A. from William Tyndale College in 1997.
- Billnat Corporation dba Sav-On Drugs (2017): representation of Billnat as a chapter 11 debtor in possession and in the sale of its regional drugstore chain to CVS in a successful 363 sale.
- Royal Oak Industries (2016): represented the Receiver for Royal Oak Industries in the sale of its medical subsidiary as a going concern and the wind down and disposition of its other businesses that specialized in manufacturing for the heavy equipment industry.
- Premier Tool & Die Corp. (2016): represented Premier Tool & Die in a distressed going concern asset sale that allowed for nearly all employees to be retained by the purchaser.
- Lee Steel Corporation (2015-2016): earned the TMA Chicago/Midwest Small Deal of the Year Award for 2016 in recognition of my representation of Lee Steel and its successful 363 sales to Union Partners, Hilco Industrial and Hilco Real Estate. The sale resulted in the secured debt being paid in full and a meaningful distribution to unsecured creditors.
- Futuramic Tool & Engineering Co.(2014): Represented Futuramic in purchase of Hubert Global Systems, Inc. in an Article 9 Sale
- Aarkel Tool and Die, Inc. (2014): Represented Aarkel Tool and Die, Inc. of Canada in the sale of its stock to Zynik Capital Corporation.
- Aerodynamics Incorporated (2013): representation of Official Committee of Unsecured Creditors in chapter 11 reorganization for a private aviation charter services company.
- Community Memorial Hospital (2012): representation of Debtor hospital in chapter 11 sale and reorganization.
- Caparo Vehicle Components, Inc. (2012): representation of Debtor automotive supplier in out of court wind down and sale.
- Kazi Foods of Michigan, Inc., et al. (2011): representation of multi-state franchisee of fast food restaurants in chapter 11 reorganization.
- Bucyrus Community Hospital, Inc. (2010): representation of Debtor hospital in chapter 11 sale and reorganization.
- Eigen, Inc. (2010): representation of secured lender in chapter 11 bankruptcy case of medical imaging equipment company and successful credit bid of claim to acquire assets in section 363 sale.
- Accurate Auto Carriers, Inc. (2010): representation of automotive car hauling company in wind down of its affairs and surrender of assets under Article 9.
- Contech, U.S., LLC, et al. (2009): representation of chapter 7 bankruptcy Trustee in liquidation of large automotive supplier.
- Tarpon Industries, Inc. (2009): representation of publicly held manufacturer of steel tubing and shelving products in chapter 11 and acquisition of its assets through section 363 sale.
- Carlton Creek Ironworks, LLC (2009): representation of steel foundry in disposition of its assets under Article 9.
- GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing, LLC (2008): representation of Debtor transmission manufacturer in Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Solar Stamping Co. (2007): representation of Debtor automotive supplier in chapter 11 reorganization.
- Engineered Plastic Products, Inc. (2006): representation of Debtor plastic mold injection company in chapter 11 and disposition of assets through bankruptcy sale.
- Mayco Plastics, Inc. (2006): representation of Debtor plastic mold injection company in chapter 11 and disposition of assets through bankruptcy sale.
- UniBoring Co., Inc. (2005): representation of Debtor automotive engine and engine component supplier in chapter 11 and disposition of its assets through bankruptcy sale.
- Buffalo Molded Plastics, Inc. d/b/a Andover Industries (2004): representation of Debtor plastic mold injection company in Chapter 11, disposition of its assets through bankruptcy sale, and prosecution of multiple preference actions on behalf of the estate.
- Big Buck Brewery & Steakhouse, Inc. (2004): representation of Debtor restaurant in Chapter 11 reorganization.
Admissions - Court
- Michigan Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Numerous appearances in Bankruptcy Courts across the U.S.
Admissions - State
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- William Tyndale College
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Turnaround Management Association
The sky is not falling… yet
Global economy poised for another shake-up (already)?
The rocky state of the steel industry continues
Paying the bank interest?
How low will it go?
More ammunition in defending against preference claims
Michigan Makes it Possible for Local Stock Exchange
Energy boom or bust?
The King of Burgers taking his castle to Canada?