Jessica is an experienced corporate attorney who focuses her practice on real estate transactions, commercial finance and lending, and mergers and acquisitions. Jessica's real estate practice includes representations of landlords and tenants leasing commercial, retail and industrial facilities, as well as buyers and sellers of such facilities. In addition, Jessica has commercial finance experience assisting in the representation of national and local lenders and borrowers in a variety of asset-based and real estate secured loan transactions, including construction lending, permanent financing, loan workouts, and loan restructuring. Jessica has also assisted clients acquiring or selling businesses through both asset and stock purchase transactions.
Jessica earned a J.D., cum laude, Order of the Coif, from University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2001. She received a B.A., high honors, from the University of Michigan in 1998.
- Represented co-venture in connection with proposed apartment building acquisition.
- Represented land developers in the acquisition and development of equestrian facilities.
- Negotiated new market tax credit mortgage financing for an aggregate rock mining project.
- Represented chief restructuring officer in bankruptcy proceeding who was charged with disposing of franchised fast food restaurants in various states.
- Assisted national banks in the leasing, purchasing and selling of bank branch locations.
- Counseled lenders and borrowers in distressed loan workouts, forbearance arrangements and foreclosures.
- Represented lenders in secured and unsecured loan transactions.
- Represented developers in various aspects of mixed-use developments.
- Negotiated leases for retail, industrial and commercial facilities, including a research laboratory.
- Counseled corporate clients in real estate aspects of asset and stock transactions.
Admissions - State
- University of Michigan
- University of Pennsylvania Law School
- Navigating real estate collateral for non-real estate lenders | Thursday, April 7, 2016