John A. Gambill is an associate in the Litigation Department. He came to McDonald Hopkins after five years with his own firm, Gambill & Associates Co., L.P.A.
John primarily focuses on construction law and works with our construction litigation team. He has represented contractors and project owners in claims arising out of construction projects of all sizes. John has also litigated cases from inception to conclusion, including arguing a complex contractual issue before the Ohio Supreme Court. Although he has extensive experience in civil litigation, John also has considerable experience helping businesses with legal matters outside the courtroom.
John earned his J.D. from Cleveland State University’s Cleveland-Marshall College of Law and a Bachelor of Arts in business and economics from Muskingum College.
- Represents contractors in bid protests on public construction projects.
- Represented general contractor against claims by municipality for liquidated damages arising out of a public construction project.
- Represented manufacturer involved in litigation regarding design, manufacture, and installation of fire, smoke, and other emergency notification systems.
- Represented buyers, sellers and other business owners in asset sales, stock sales, and other corporate succession matters.
Admissions - Court
- All Ohio State Courts
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law
- Muskingum College
Honors and Awards
- CALI Awards - Contracts
- Ohio State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Scioto County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Builders Exchange of Central Ohio
Federal appellate court upholds OSHA’s stringent silica in construction standard
Ohio’s construction statute of repose still only applies to tort claims
Enforcement of OSHA's silica in construction standard begins under interim enforcement memorandum
OSHA’s new silica safety standard imposes additional burdens on contractors
- Presenter, "Improve Your Contracts to Improve Your Bottom Line: Contract Provisions that Contractors Need," NARI Greater Cleveland General Membership Meeting & Educational Conference, February 21, 2018