Joseph J. Weinberg
Joseph is an associate in the firm’s Business Department and Commercial Finance Practice Group. He focuses his practice on commercial finance and general business counseling. Joseph has experience assisting in the representation of national and local lenders and borrowers in a variety of transactions including: asset-based finance transactions; syndicated loan transactions; structured and mezzanine finance transactions; floor plan lending; ESOP loans; Export-Import Bank loans; and real estate acquisition, development and construction loan transactions.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, Joseph served as a law clerk for the Honorable Scott M. Bernstein of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit of Florida and participated in our Summer Associate Program. He is licensed to practice law in Florida and Ohio.
Joseph earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law. He received a B.S., magna cum laude, from The Ohio State University.
Admissions - State
- University of Miami School of Law
- The Ohio State University
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch (2022)
- University of Miami School of Law Litigation Skills Program Honors Recipient
- Dean’s Certificate of Achievement in Transnational Family Law
- Commercial Finance Association – Ohio Chapter (Board Member; Co-Chair of Young Professionals Group)
- Impact of SBA PPP loans on loan covenants
- Paycheck Protection Program Loans: Lender Considerations
- The novel coronavirus impact on secured loans: Considerations for secured lenders and borrowers
- COVID-19’s impact on the LIBOR transition
- The Perishable Agricultural Commodities Act (PACA), KeyBank, January 21, 2016