Joshua L. Resnick
Josh is an Associate in the Litigation Department at McDonald Hopkins. His practice focuses on complex commercial litigation matters, including real estate litigation, commercial evictions and foreclosures, construction litigation, employment litigation, business torts, and other contractual disputes. He also advises physicians, hospitals, and medical staff leadership on matters involving practitioner licensing, credentialing, clinical privileges, medical staff investigations, and peer review. He has substantial litigation experience in state and federal courts, including jury trials, non-jury trials, evidentiary hearings, and complex motion practice.
Josh previously served as a prosecutor with the Palm Beach County State Attorney’s Office, where he represented the state of Florida in county criminal court and in the domestic violence trial division. While in law school, he interned with the Honorable Judge Jonathan Gerber of the Fourth District Court of Appeal and the Honorable Magistrate Judge William Matthewman of the Southern District of Florida West Palm Beach Division.
Josh earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Florida Levin College of Law, where he served as Executive Articles Editor for the Journal of Technology Law & Policy and was awarded the Outstanding Pro Bono Services Award for more than 150 hours of pro bono service. He earned his Bachelor of Science in political science and history from Florida State University.
- Served as first-chair trial counsel to plaintiff in action to foreclose construction lien
- Negotiated half-million-dollar pre-suit settlement of ADA discrimination claim on behalf of physician employee
- Obtained cyberstalking injunction against former patient of individual physician
Admissions - Court
- Middle District of Florida
- Southern District of Florida
Admissions - State
- University of Florida Levin College of Law
- Florida State University
- Florida Bar
- Palm Beach County Bar Association; Professionalism Committee