Pat is Co-Chair of the Mergers and Acquisitions Practice. He has extensive experience in the merger and acquisition area representing buyers, sellers and investors in transactions involving both privately and publicly held companies.
In addition to his merger and acquisition practice, Pat represents entrepreneurs and companies in a wide variety of general corporate matters, including commercial contract negotiation, structuring business organizations, business succession planning and ESOP transactions. Pat also assists privately-held companies in structuring and consummating venture capital transactions and securities offerings.
Pat earned a J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center in 1989. He received a B.A. from Bowling Green State University in 1986.
Mergers and Acquisitions:
- Representation of a distributor of maintenance supplies, including fasteners, paints, chemicals and shop supplies, in a sale to a New York Stock Exchange listed company.
- Representation of a leading designer and manufacturer of engineered decorative laminates, thermoplastic sheet and non-textile flooring for the aviation, rail and architectural industries in a sale to a private equity fund.
- Representation of a manufacturer of custom engineered cushion products primarily for OEM footwear and foot care industries in various strategic acquisitions and its supply arrangements.
- Representation of a manufacturer of biochemicals and reagents in a sale to a large distributor of life science products.
- Representation of an IT management services company in a sale to a leading provider of document management technologies and managed IT services.
- Representation of a manufacturer of roofing and flooring products in various strategic acquisitions.
- Representation of a mattress manufacturer/retailer in an ESOP transaction.
- Representation of an investment management firm in a sale to a bank holding company.
- Representation of the executive team in a management buy-out of the U.S. division of a web offset, digital and sheet fed printing solution provider.
- Representation of a 100% ESOP-owned trade show marketing company in a sale to a private equity fund.
- Representation of one of the world’s largest food companies in the negotiation of food supply agreements with national restaurant chains.
- Representation of an aerospace hydroforming manufacturer in its general corporate and contract matters.
- Representation of a national engineering, architecture and management services firm in corporate and succession planning matters.
- Representation of a provider of comprehensive fleet services in the negotiation of its customer and vendor contracts with national companies.
- Representation of a start-up engineering company specializing in water purifying technologies.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- Bowling Green State University
- Georgetown University Law Center
Public Service and Volunteerism
- The Clifton Club, Board of Directors
- FCPA: Recent Developments, Red Flags, and Compliance Program Design, Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Chapter, Association of Certified Fraud Examiners, November 20, 2014
- Five Things You Should Know About The FCPA, Organization of Women in International Trade, Northeast Ohio Chapter, November 13, 2014