Todd is the chair of McDonald Hopkins' Patent and IP Prosecution and Management Practice Groups, and has a wide range of experience in advising both domestic and international clients in all areas of intellectual property law. Todd focuses his practices on assisting clients in obtaining, managing, and protecting all types of intellectual property rights. In particular, he assists clients in strategic client counseling and preparation of legal opinions on all intellectual property matters, domestic and foreign patent preparation and procurement in the mechanical, electro-mechanical, and business method arts, preparation and procurement of domestic and foreign trademarks, and acquiring and managing domestic and foreign domain names.
Before joining McDonald Hopkins, Todd served as Senior Managing Counsel, IP, Advertising and Licensing for a leading global supplier of office products and services.
Todd earned a J.D., cum laude, from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law in 1998, where he served as business manager and editor of the Journal of Law and Commerce. He received a B.S. in industrial engineering from Purdue University in 1995.
Admissions - Court
- Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Admissions - State
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law
- Purdue University
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Patent Law Committee Member
Public Service and Volunteerism
- Office Depot Foundation – Board of Directors – Ambassador
- "A New Way to Mark Your Patents," RBMA Monthly Legal Update Digest April 2012
- Discover Global Markets: U.S. Manufacturers to Europe & Beyond | Tuesday, September 19, 2017
- What your business needs to know about Chinese intellectual property | Thursday, December 12, 2013
- Patent Reform: Significant changes are coming March 16, 2013. Is your business ready? | Wednesday, January 16, 2013