Vivian is an associate in our Litigation department. Based in the firm’s Miami office, Vivian regularly represents domestic and foreign clients covering various industry sectors in disputes across multinational borders. She is experienced in all phases of litigation, including pretrial, mediation, arbitration, trial, post-judgment proceedings, and appeals. Vivian also represents clients involved in regulatory investigations, as well as enforcement and administrative proceedings.
Fluent in Spanish, Vivian has represented a wide range of Latin American and other foreign clients in the United States, as well as domestic clients in international transactions and proceedings. She has experience preparing witnesses and experts in Spanish and drafting legal documents in Spanish. Vivian was born and raised in Cuba.
Prior to joining McDonald Hopkins, Vivian was an associate attorney at Shutts & Bowen LLP’s International Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Miami, Florida.
Vivian graduated cum laude with her J.D. from the University of Miami School of Law in 2010, and earned her LL.M in International Law in 2011. She received her Bachelor of Arts in English Literature from the University of Miami in 2007.
Admissions - Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Admissions - State
- University of Miami School of Law
- University of Miami
- Latin Builders Association
- South Florida Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Latin Chamber of Commerce of U.S.A.
- Inter-American Bar Association
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Florida Association for Women Lawyers