Webcast -- Data Privacy: Legal Risks, Mitigation and Response for Municipalities
When people think about data security breaches, most often they think about incidents with retail stores like Target where credit and debit cards get breached and personal information is stolen. But what many municipalities don’t realize is that some of the biggest data security threats actually come from information they maintain and the legal and financial risk if that information is compromised. Data breaches are costly and more common than you think. If you are responsible for human resources, IT, marketing, legal, risk management or protect your municipality’s data, you need to attend this session.
- Identifying/Defining PII and PHI
- What is a “Data Breach”? (under state laws; under HIPAA)
- Primary types of data breach/cyber claims
- Costs of non-compliance
- Regulatory compliance (state, federal and industry-specific requirements)
- Credit card/PCI compliance
- Real-world examples
- PII destruction/Disposal laws & practices
- Proactive policies, including incident response plan, written information security program (WISP), training, confidentiality agreements, and employee policies
- Anatomy of a data breach/cyber claim (steps you must take once an incident is suspected)
- Breach notification process, including coordination with forensics, crisis communication, mail house, call center, and credit monitoring vendors
- Contractual negotiations with municipalities' vendors
- Common questions from municipalities
Structuring Physician Pharmacy Ventures
Wednesday, May 3, 2017
Join Rick Hindmand on May 3 for the Structuring Physician-Pharmacy Ventures: Minimizing Regulatory Risks, Ensuring Reimbursement webinar.
Real Estate Law Boot Camp
Monday, May 8, 2017
A 2-day practical course on purchases and sales, real estate leasing and financing essentials.
Cyber Risk and Privacy Liability Forum
Monday, June 5, 2017
This pre-conference bootcamp will discuss cybersecurity threats, strategies for dealing with hackers and more.