Webcast -- Data Privacy: Legal Risks, Mitigation and Response for Municipalities
When people think about data security breaches, most often they think about incidents with retail stores like Target where credit and debit cards get breached and personal information is stolen. But what many municipalities don’t realize is that some of the biggest data security threats actually come from information they maintain and the legal and financial risk if that information is compromised. Data breaches are costly and more common than you think. If you are responsible for human resources, IT, marketing, legal, risk management or protect your municipality’s data, you need to attend this session.
- Identifying/Defining PII and PHI
- What is a “Data Breach”? (under state laws; under HIPAA)
- Primary types of data breach/cyber claims
- Costs of non-compliance
- Regulatory compliance (state, federal and industry-specific requirements)
- Credit card/PCI compliance
- Real-world examples
- PII destruction/Disposal laws & practices
- Proactive policies, including incident response plan, written information security program (WISP), training, confidentiality agreements, and employee policies
- Anatomy of a data breach/cyber claim (steps you must take once an incident is suspected)
- Breach notification process, including coordination with forensics, crisis communication, mail house, call center, and credit monitoring vendors
- Contractual negotiations with municipalities' vendors
- Common questions from municipalities
Discrimination and Harassment | Human Resource Law: What You Need to Know Now
Wednesday, October 3, 2018
Ryan Neumeyer will present "Discrimination and Harassment" at the Human Resource Law seminar on Oct. 3, 2018 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Blockchain is coming: Are you ready?
Tuesday, October 9, 2018
Join us for a Business Hour on October 9: Blockchain is coming: Are you ready?
Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2018
Friday, November 2, 2018
Stephen Rosenfeld, Member, McDonald Hopkins will speak at Understanding the Intellectual Property License 2018 on November 2.
Employee benefits challenges and opportunities — Before year end and beyond
Wednesday, November 7, 2018
The world of employee benefits is always changing.
Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims | Ohio Employment Law Seminar
Monday, December 10, 2018
Ryan Neumeyer will present Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims at the Ohio Employment Law Seminar on December 10, 2018.