Webcast -- Data Privacy: Legal Risks, Mitigation and Response for Municipalities
When people think about data security breaches, most often they think about incidents with retail stores like Target where credit and debit cards get breached and personal information is stolen. But what many municipalities don’t realize is that some of the biggest data security threats actually come from information they maintain and the legal and financial risk if that information is compromised. Data breaches are costly and more common than you think. If you are responsible for human resources, IT, marketing, legal, risk management or protect your municipality’s data, you need to attend this session.
- Identifying/Defining PII and PHI
- What is a “Data Breach”? (under state laws; under HIPAA)
- Primary types of data breach/cyber claims
- Costs of non-compliance
- Regulatory compliance (state, federal and industry-specific requirements)
- Credit card/PCI compliance
- Real-world examples
- PII destruction/Disposal laws & practices
- Proactive policies, including incident response plan, written information security program (WISP), training, confidentiality agreements, and employee policies
- Anatomy of a data breach/cyber claim (steps you must take once an incident is suspected)
- Breach notification process, including coordination with forensics, crisis communication, mail house, call center, and credit monitoring vendors
- Contractual negotiations with municipalities' vendors
- Common questions from municipalities
Beyond B2B: Connecting for Growth
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Attend the Connecting for Growth event April 4, 2018.
The Insurance Lifecycle of a Ransomware Attack
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
The Insurance Lifecycle of a Ransomware Attack - April 10, 2018
Executive War College 2018 Conference on Laboratory & Pathology Management
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Executive War College 2018 will be held in New Orleans, LA from May 1-2, 2018.
AHLA Healthcare Transactions
Thursday, May 10, 2018
The Health Care Transactions Program is a unique opportunity to learn latest commercial developments, strategies and deal forecasts from noted experts. Gain insight into the business and legal issues involving contemporary health care business transactions, including emerging care models, M&A trends, financing techniques, deal risk management strategies, post integration lessons, and many more. The program will also present a unique opportunity to network with leading health care executives, attorneys, investment bankers, valuation experts and other health care consultants and advisors from across the country, who are recognized deal-makers and shakers in the health care community.