Will Congress Save 55 Tax Credits?
U.S. Congressman Pat Tiberi (R-OH) will answer your questions about the 55 expired and expiring tax code provisions. Congressman Tiberi is the Chairman of the Ways and Means Subcommittee on Select Revenue Measures (taxes). Join us for a timely discussion with one of Speaker Boehner’s closest confidants.
- Tax credit for research and experimentation expenses
- Credit for health insurance costs
- Tax subsidies for energy efficiency
- Deduction for state and local general sales taxes
- Work opportunity tax credit
- Election to accelerate AMT credits in lieu of additional first-year depreciation
- Special rules for qualified small business stock
- New markets tax credit
- Increase to section 179 deductions
Do I Need An(other) Attorney? Criminal Issues for Civil Practitioners
Monday, October 2, 2017
Even when matters begin as purely civil disputes, clients can find themselves pulled into criminal investigations and prosecutions as witnesses, targets, or defendants. This panel will address what to do when those criminal issues come up and when to bring in criminal counsel. Topics include grand jury subpoenas, search warrants, interacting with the FBI and U.S. Attorney’s office during investigations, Fifth Amendment issues in civil cases when clients may be or are facing criminal charges, and differences between individual and corporate clients.
Challenges Faced by Physician Retirement
Friday, October 6, 2017
Rick Hindmand Will Speak on Challenges Faced by Physician Retirement
Everyday Antitrust Issues: Protecting Your Business From Criminal and Civil Liability
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Join us November 2, 2017 for a business hour on everyday antitrust issues.
Corporate Compliance in the New Economy
Thursday, November 9, 2017
The Corporate Compliance in the New Economy program will take place November 9, 2017.