2018 AHLA Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute Conference
Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Physcians and Researchers during the Trump Years
Monday, February 5 from 2:00-3:00 PM
Sheraton New Orleans
New Orleans, LA
At the AHLA Annual Meeting, Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak, a corporate attorney in McDonald Hopkins' national Practice Group will discuss Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Physicians and Researchers during the Trump Years on February 5 from 2:00 to 3:00 p.m. Topics she will discuss include:
- Statutory and regulatory framework. Interdependency between health care, labor and employment,immigration regulations, and international export control regulations. Applicable statutes and rules and consequences of noncompliance.
- Immigration basics. Introduction to (i) the non-immigrant visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, including types, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, options for spouses and dependents, etc.; and (ii) the green card process – types of permanent visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, dependents, traveling restrictions, etc.
- Immigration Reform. Update on various Executive Orders and changes in laws and regulations implemented by the Trump administration.
- Compensation models. When and how to utilize productivity and other incentives in employing foreign nationals without running afoul of Department of Labor and immigration regulations.
- Drafting employment agreements for foreign nationals. Immigration fees, term period, non-compete covenants, compensation, J-1 waiver state-specific requirements, etc.
- Compliance pitfalls during the recruitment and hiring process. Anti-discrimination laws applicable to foreign nationals, best practices, Form I-9 documentation, document retention for H-1B visas, J-1 visa waivers, and green card applications.
- Recruiting. Tools to optimize recruiting practices, the handling of immigration petitions, and retaining talent.
Register here for the program.
Everyday Antitrust Issues: Protecting Your Business From Criminal and Civil Liability
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Join us November 2, 2017 for a business hour on everyday antitrust issues.
Corporate Compliance in the New Economy
Thursday, November 9, 2017
The Corporate Compliance in the New Economy program will take place November 9, 2017.