AHLA Annual Meeting
Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals
Tuesday, June 27 from 3:15-4:15 pm
At the AHLA Annual Meeting, Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak, Associate, McDonald Hopkins will discuss Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals on June 27 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. Topics she will discuss include:
- Interdependency between health care, labor and employment, immigration regulations, and international export control regulations. Applicable statutes and rules, applicability, and consequences of noncompliance.
- Immigration basics. Introduction to: (i) the non-immigrant visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, including types, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, options for spouses and dependents, etc.; and (ii) the green card process – types of permanent visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, dependents, traveling restrictions, etc.
- Compliance pitfalls during the recruitment and hiring process. Antidiscrimination laws applicable to foreign nationals, best practices, Form I-9 documentation, document retention for H-1B visas, J-1 visa waivers, and green card applications.
- Drafting employment agreements for foreign nationals. Immigration fees, term period, non-compete covenants, compensation, J-1waiver state-specific requirements, etc.
- Recruiting. Tools to optimize recruiting practices, the handling of immigration petitions, and ultimately retaining talent.
Beyond B2B: Connecting for Growth
Wednesday, April 4, 2018
Attend the Connecting for Growth event April 4, 2018.
The Insurance Lifecycle of a Ransomware Attack
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
The Insurance Lifecycle of a Ransomware Attack - April 10, 2018
Executive War College 2018 Conference on Laboratory & Pathology Management
Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Executive War College 2018 will be held in New Orleans, LA from May 1-2, 2018.
AHLA Healthcare Transactions
Thursday, May 10, 2018
The Health Care Transactions Program is a unique opportunity to learn latest commercial developments, strategies and deal forecasts from noted experts. Gain insight into the business and legal issues involving contemporary health care business transactions, including emerging care models, M&A trends, financing techniques, deal risk management strategies, post integration lessons, and many more. The program will also present a unique opportunity to network with leading health care executives, attorneys, investment bankers, valuation experts and other health care consultants and advisors from across the country, who are recognized deal-makers and shakers in the health care community.