AHLA Annual Meeting
Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals
Tuesday, June 27 from 3:15-4:15 pm
At the AHLA Annual Meeting, Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak, Associate, McDonald Hopkins will discuss Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals on June 27 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. Topics she will discuss include:
- Interdependency between health care, labor and employment, immigration regulations, and international export control regulations. Applicable statutes and rules, applicability, and consequences of noncompliance.
- Immigration basics. Introduction to: (i) the non-immigrant visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, including types, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, options for spouses and dependents, etc.; and (ii) the green card process – types of permanent visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, dependents, traveling restrictions, etc.
- Compliance pitfalls during the recruitment and hiring process. Antidiscrimination laws applicable to foreign nationals, best practices, Form I-9 documentation, document retention for H-1B visas, J-1 visa waivers, and green card applications.
- Drafting employment agreements for foreign nationals. Immigration fees, term period, non-compete covenants, compensation, J-1waiver state-specific requirements, etc.
- Recruiting. Tools to optimize recruiting practices, the handling of immigration petitions, and ultimately retaining talent.
Contemporary Workplace Issues: Marijuana, #MeToo and More
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Join us June 13, 2018 for a Business Hour: Contemporary Workplace Issues: Marijuana, #MeToo and More
EMLF 39th Annual Institute Meeting
Sunday, June 17, 2018
Karina Kendrick will be speaking at the Annual Institute Meeting
Is Your Hospital at Risk?
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Legal Pitfalls of Hospital Lab Pass-through Billing Arrangements