AHLA Annual Meeting
Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals
Tuesday, June 27 from 3:15-4:15 pm
At the AHLA Annual Meeting, Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak, Associate, McDonald Hopkins will discuss Managing Risk in Employing Foreign Nationals on June 27 from 3:15 to 4:15 p.m. Topics she will discuss include:
- Interdependency between health care, labor and employment, immigration regulations, and international export control regulations. Applicable statutes and rules, applicability, and consequences of noncompliance.
- Immigration basics. Introduction to: (i) the non-immigrant visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, including types, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, options for spouses and dependents, etc.; and (ii) the green card process – types of permanent visas available for health care providers, researchers, professors, and executives, availability, cost, timeline, pros and cons, dependents, traveling restrictions, etc.
- Compliance pitfalls during the recruitment and hiring process. Antidiscrimination laws applicable to foreign nationals, best practices, Form I-9 documentation, document retention for H-1B visas, J-1 visa waivers, and green card applications.
- Drafting employment agreements for foreign nationals. Immigration fees, term period, non-compete covenants, compensation, J-1waiver state-specific requirements, etc.
- Recruiting. Tools to optimize recruiting practices, the handling of immigration petitions, and ultimately retaining talent.
Everyday Antitrust Issues: Protecting Your Business From Criminal and Civil Liability
Thursday, November 2, 2017
Join us November 2, 2017 for a business hour on everyday antitrust issues.
Corporate Compliance in the New Economy
Thursday, November 9, 2017
The Corporate Compliance in the New Economy program will take place November 9, 2017.