Death of the Tax Matters Partner: What Owners of Partnerships and LLCs Need to Know About New Rules
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Noon to 1:00 p.m. ET
New partnership audit rules effective January 1, 2018, will mean the end to the familiar tax matters partner role. Instead, partnerships and LLCs need to plan to select a partnership representative. In this Business Hour, we will cover the new partnership representative role and explain what happens if you don’t amend your partnership or LLC agreement in response to the new audit rules.
- What is a partnership representative?
- Partnership and LLC audits will increase – what can you do?
- What does it mean to “elect in” or “elect out”?
- What happens if you don’t amend your partnership or LLC agreement?
- What is your legal liability?
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Fifth Third Center
600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Complimentary Valet Parking is available on Superior Avenue in front of the Fifth Third Center.
Is Your Hospital at Risk?
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
Legal Pitfalls of Hospital Lab Pass-through Billing Arrangements