Blockchain is coming: Are you ready?
The blockchain technology might have a revolutionary impact on how all business is conducted. Join us to learn about the many legal challenges and opportunities inherent in the technology's growing application across markets. Topics we will focus on include intellectual property, data privacy and securities. The presentation will feature guest speaker, Bernie Moreno, founder of Blockchain Cleveland, an initiative to establish Cleveland as a significant technology center by being a leader in blockchain solutions.
- Smart IP rights - using blockchain to record, track, monetize and enforce IP rights
- Protecting blockchain innovations
- Avoiding infringement of existing blockchain IP rights
- Transactional security issues - recourse (or lack thereof) when something goes wrong
- Data security - understanding nature of cryptocurrencies and protecting your wallet from criminals and your own missteps
- What is an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)?
- Launching your own currency and how it works
- Understanding Howey - knowing if a "token offering" is a securities offering
- SEC enforcement and regulation actions
- Compliance with existing law
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Fifth Third Center
600 Superior Avenue East, Suite 2100
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Complimentary Valet Parking is available on Superior Avenue in front of the Fifth Third Center.
Micah Marcus - Moderator
Member; Chair, Securities
Colin Battersby, CIPP/US
President of the Bernie Moreno Companies; Founder of Blockchain Cleveland movement
Florida Domicile: Call Florida Home and Reduce Your Tax Bills
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Synergy Capital Solutions and McDonald Hopkins are hosting a workshop to help you take the first step to leveraging the benefits of becoming a Florida resident.
Weed in the Workplace: The Impact of Medical and Recreational Marijuana on Employers’ Rights
Monday, June 10, 2019
Navigating your growth as a female executive
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
This discussion on June 11 in Chicago will focus on providing insight and guidance to females at all levels of their professional careers that may be unaware of the various compensation, incentive, legal and tax issues at play when moving up the ranks or when navigating a transaction involving her employer.
Anatomy of a Private Equity Transaction and Current M&A Trends
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak will be speaking at the Medical Group Management Association's (MGMA) Annual Conference on "Anatomy of a Private Equity Transaction and Current M&A Trends" in New Orleans on October 15, 2019.
The Changing Role of Medical Records: Risk Management, Compliance and HIPAA
Tuesday, October 15, 2019
Isabelle Bibet-Kalinyak will be discussing "The Changing Role of Medical Records: Risk Management, Compliance and HIPAA" at the Medical Group Management Association's (MGMA) Annual Conference in New Orleans on October 15, 2019