Defer Capital Gains and Depreciation Recapture Taxes
Like-kind exchanges allow clients to defer capital gains taxes when selling appreciated assets, like real estate, by acquiring replacement property. The benefits of a 1031 exchange in comparison to a typical sale and repurchase can be tremendous - but carrying out a successful exchange requires a strong grasp of technical rules, regulations and planning strategies. How does your knowledge and skills stack up? This detailed program will guide you step-by-step through the rule-driven process, from the initial deliberations to finalizing the exchange. Help your clients take advantage of tax opportunities - register today by clicking here.
David Gunning, Member, McDonald Hopkins
Greg Smith, Vice President, Investment Property Exchange Services
- Anticipate when a 1031 exchange would be advantageous for your client.
- Grasp key rules and requirements that are critical to obtaining benefits and avoiding audit issues.
- Receive clarification and real-world tips on designating the replacement property.
- Gain practical advice on structuring contract language and completing the required forms.
- Learn how to properly file and report taxes associated with the exchange.
- Uncover procedures for carrying out reverse exchanges.
Teaming, Joint Ventures, and Mentor Protégé Program to Gain a Competitive Edge: Legal, Financial & Practical Considerations
Tuesday, January 7, 2020
20 Employment Law Challenges for 2020
Thursday, January 23, 2020
During this Business Hour, we will discuss key employment law issues facing employers and provide guidance to assist employers in addressing these challenges for 2020 and beyond.
The SECURE Act and key provisions affecting retirement plans
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
Join our Employee Benefits attorneys on February 25 as they discuss items affecting your retirement plan, including the SECURE Act.
Cumulative impact claims and how to present them or defend against them
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Peter Welin will be presenting on cumulative impact claims and how to present them or defend against them for Lorman Education Services on March 18.