Is Your Hospital at Risk?
Join McDonald Hopkins and Huron Consulting Group on July 10 from 12 - 1:30 p.m. for the webcast: Is Your Hospital at Risk?: Legal Pitfalls of Hospital Lab Pass-through Billing Arrangements.
Hospitals are being approached at an alarming rate to enter into arrangements with labs, often toxicology labs, the fundamental purpose of which is to allow the labs to bill under a hospital’s contracts with payors with which the labs are out-of-network. These arrangements potentially carry great legal risk for hospitals that enter into them.
The webcast will be available on this page. Questions for the panelists can be submitted to email@example.com.
- The type of pass-through arrangements that might be presented to your hospital.
- What hospitals are prime targets, and why?
- The regulatory and contractual implications of lab/hospital pass-through billing arrangements.
- The difference between legal and illegal practices of laboratory billing via hospital contracts.
- What payors are doing to counteract these arrangements including the various recoupment efforts to date.
- How best to legally structure a proper outreach program-reference laboratory arrangement in an effort to reduce risks and properly maximize reimbursement the right way.
Member; Co-Chair, National Healthcare Practice Group; Co-Chair, Healthcare Restructuring Practice Group
Member; Co-Chair, National Healthcare Practice Group
Huron Consulting Group
For the Love of Retail Real Estate: Embracing Change and Adapting for Success
Thursday, February 14, 2019
Patrick Karbowski from McDonald Hopkins will discuss "Lease in Default? Best Practices Before and After the Default" at the ICSC's Michigan Continuing Education Program For Real Estate Professionals on February 14.
Attracting and retaining talent in a millennial world
Thursday, March 21, 2019
Understanding the millennial generation is not only important to ensure you are attracting top talent, it is vital to the longevity of any business. Please join us Thursday, March 21 for a discussion on attracting, retaining, and engaging millennials.