Is Your Hospital at Risk?
Join McDonald Hopkins and Huron Consulting Group on July 10 from 12 - 1:30 p.m. for the webcast: Is Your Hospital at Risk?: Legal Pitfalls of Hospital Lab Pass-through Billing Arrangements.
Hospitals are being approached at an alarming rate to enter into arrangements with labs, often toxicology labs, the fundamental purpose of which is to allow the labs to bill under a hospital’s contracts with payors with which the labs are out-of-network. These arrangements potentially carry great legal risk for hospitals that enter into them.
The webcast will be available on this page. Questions for the panelists can be submitted to email@example.com.
- The type of pass-through arrangements that might be presented to your hospital.
- What hospitals are prime targets, and why?
- The regulatory and contractual implications of lab/hospital pass-through billing arrangements.
- The difference between legal and illegal practices of laboratory billing via hospital contracts.
- What payors are doing to counteract these arrangements including the various recoupment efforts to date.
- How best to legally structure a proper outreach program-reference laboratory arrangement in an effort to reduce risks and properly maximize reimbursement the right way.
Member; Co-Chair, National Healthcare Practice Group; Co-Chair, Healthcare Restructuring Practice Group
Member; Co-Chair, National Healthcare Practice Group
Huron Consulting Group
Debt Collection, Bankruptcy & the Ohio Receivership Law
Saturday, December 1, 2018
McDonald Hopkins attorneys Scott Opincar and Colette Gibbons will present on December 1 at the Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association on recent amendments to Ohio’s receivership law and discuss significant appellate cases decided under those amendments.
Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims | Ohio Employment Law Seminar
Monday, December 10, 2018
Ryan Neumeyer will present Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation Claims at the Ohio Employment Law Seminar on December 10, 2018.