The Insurance Lifecycle of a Ransomware Attack
April 10, 2018
2 - 3:15 p.m. ET
This webinar will discuss the lifecycle from a ransomware attack. In addition to touching on key trends and developments, it will provide an overview of the ransomware response process on a step-by-step basis, including facilitation and brokering of cryptocurrency for payment of ransom demands. The webinar will also tie the various response-related activities (including legal and computer forensics) and ransomware-related losses (including cyber extortion, business interruption, and data recovery) to coverages commonly available in the cyber insurance marketplace, and it will discuss other policies that often afford coverage for ransomware-related losses. Attendees will leave with an understanding of a ransomware “game plan” and an appreciation for how to most effectively leverage their insurance to respond to a ransomware event.
Register to attend here.
Partner and Co-Chair of
Data Privacy and Cybersecurity
McDonald Hopkins LLC
Edward (“Ted”) Brown
Wiley Rein LLP
Fee: The webinar is complimentary from HB. But upgrade for $95 to get CLE, the PowerPoint and the recording. The webinar is also available to subscribers of the West LegalEdcenter®, but you must register there.
CLE: 1 credit*
- How to prepare in advance a response plan for a ransomware event, including for incident response and for securing insurance coverage.
- How to prepare for and spot new ransomware attack vectors and emerging ransomware-related impacts.
- All about coverage under cyber insurance policies (including for breach response, third-party liability, regulatory investigations, cyber extortion, business interruption, and data recovery) and under other types of policies with coverage for ransomware (including kidnap and ransom and property policies).
- How to prepare for and mitigate exposure for litigation or regulatory enforcement following ransomware incidents, in addition to the latest trends on both fronts.
- How to explain the ransomware lifecycle from an insurance perspective, both procedurally (how and when does payment take place) and substantively (what is potentially covered and under what provisions).
American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Annual Meeting on Ophthalmic Practice Management
Friday, May 3, 2019
Handling Real Estate Transactions From Start to Finish
Monday, May 6, 2019
Join McDonald Hopkins' John Heer as he presents "Special Considerations for Commercial and Investment Transactions" for the National Business Institute CLE event on May 6 in Akron or May 9 in Cleveland.
Confronting Violence in the Workplace
Monday, May 6, 2019
In an informative and practical Business Hour, McDonald Hopkins’ Ryan Neumeyer and Mike McMasters, a Protective Security Advisor for the Department of Homeland Security, will provide timely insights on the actions that employers should take to keep their workplaces safe.
Florida Domicile: Call Florida Home and Reduce Your Tax Bills
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Synergy Capital Solutions and McDonald Hopkins are hosting a workshop to help you take the first step to leveraging the benefits of becoming a Florida resident.
Navigating your growth as a female executive
Tuesday, June 11, 2019
This discussion on June 11 in Chicago will focus on providing insight and guidance to females at all levels of their professional careers that may be unaware of the various compensation, incentive, legal and tax issues at play when moving up the ranks or when navigating a transaction involving her employer.