Business Ownership Changes: Buying, Selling And Transferring Ownership In Your Business: Legal & Practical Issues To Address
Making any corporate changes including, taking on additional investors or partners, Succession Planning, Exit Strategies, granting Stock Options, 3rd party Loans, and allowing the wrong investors to acquire ownership interests can seriously compromise WBE, DBE, WOSB, SDVOSB or SBA 8(a), certifications.
On June 18, through a webinar with the Women's Business Development Center, McDonald Hopkins Michelle Kantor will discuss crucial issues to address before changes are made. She will discuss selling your business, buying other businesses, Stock and Asset Purchases, examples of ownership changes that have compromised certifications, large business investors, Mentor Protégé investments and pitfalls, sale price valuations, tips to finance acquisitions and making small business more attractive to investors and buyers. She will also discuss buying government contracts for growth and Novation. In addition, Michelle will discuss certification criteria to understand when considering any corporate changes in ownership and required agency notifications. This session will be packed with great information and questions are encouraged.
Click here to register for the webinar.
- Gain insight into key issues to consider in allowing ownership changes, equity investors, granting stock options, succession planning actions and other events that can compromise your 8(a), SDVOSB, WOSB, HUBZone, DBE and other small business certifications
- Real examples of ownership changes that have compromised certifications
- Establishing an exit strategy for retirement including a succession plan, transfer of ownership, and taxes.
- Growing your company through purchase of other companies or their contracts and Novation Process
- Gain Tips in how to Ready Your Business For Sale
- Financing the transaction tips