More than 50 separate automotive industry clients have come to our firm in the past 10 years for assistance with restructuring. In fact, we have one of the largest and most sophisticated restructuring teams serving automotive clients in the Midwest and a have earned a reputation as the advisors of choice for automotive-related businesses contemplating a restructuring, refinancing, distressed sale, out-of-court liquidation or bankruptcy, and for creditors’ committees and dealerships seeking advice in these situations.
When you are facing difficult restructuring situations, we can provide creative and practical solutions, drawing on the strong relationships and industry experience of all the attorneys at our firm. Our restructuring attorneys are seasoned in automotive cases and their unique issues, and have represented Tier I and II automotive suppliers, automotive dealers, automotive creditors’ committees, steel manufactures, raw material suppliers, plastic mold injectors, engine manufacturers, distributors, logistics providers, and many other automotive industry participants.
We have extensive automotive bankruptcy experience (in both reorganization and liquidation cases) and in out-of-court restructurings, including Article 9 sales and other forms of distressed sales and acquisitions. But our restructuring services focus on much more than just bankruptcy. We are active, aggressive dealmakers and many of our automotive clients are in fact able to accomplish their turnaround through non-judicial means. Our expertise in your industry and legal knowledge means we can offer you various legal options to accomplish a restructuring.
Representative matters related to automotive restructuring:
- Buffalo Molded Plastics, Inc.
- Uni-Boring, Inc.
- Engineered Plastic Products, Inc.
- Mayco Plastics, Inc.
- Solar Stamping and Manufacturing, LLC
- Burlington Technologies, LTD
- GETRAG Transmission Manufacturing, LLC
- Foamade Industries, Inc.
- Cadillac Casting, Inc.
- Amcan Consolidated Technologies Corporation
- Revstone Transportation, LLC
- Caparo Vehicle Components, Inc.
- Contech Castings, LLC
- Metavation, LLC
- Bush Leasing, Inc.
- General Car & Truck Leasing System, Inc.
- Loranger Manufacturing Corporation
- Ohio Industries, Inc.
- Ravenna Aluminum
- Midland Steel Products Holding Company
- Chelsea Industries, Inc.
- Union Stamping & Assembly, Inc.
- Global Automotive Systems, LLC
- Dura Automotive
- Fortis Plastics, LLC
- Autocam Corporation
Representative engagements related to automotive creditor committees:
- Eagle Trim, Inc.; counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee
- Procare Automotive Service Solutions, LLC; counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee
- Excello Engineered Systems, LLC; counsel to unsecured creditors’ committee
- Visteon Corporation; counsel to ad hoc committee of non-union defined benefit plan participants
Representative engagements related to automotive merger and acquisition:
- SMW Technologies, LLC; counsel to buyer in purchase of AZ Automotive
- Raybestos PowerTrain LLC; counsel to buyer
- Metaldyne Corporation; counsel to buyer
- Continental Plastics Company; counsel to seller during sale to Magna Exteriors & Interiors USA, Inc.
- Contech Castings, LLC; counsel to seller in sale to Shiloh Industries, Inc.
- Aarkel Tool &Die, Inc.; counsel to seller in sale to Zynik Capital
- Lee Steel Corporation; counsel to seller in sales of facilities and business
McDonald Hopkins has also represented multiple tooling vendors, administrative expense claimants, preference defendants, customers, and other key creditors in various chapter 11, chapter 7, customer accommodation arrangements, sales, and out-of-court matters.