Equity holder representation
Equity stakeholders face unique challenges in distress situations. Often, they wear multiple hats as directors, officers, debt holders, and/or equity holders. These positions in the business and its capital structure require a clear understanding of differing legal obligations and counseling regarding the options and potential outcomes in a restructuring. Accordingly, corporate and restructuring counsel must be prepared to address different legal perspectives in formulating effective and pragmatic strategies. Because we take a team approach to engagements, combining a full-service platform with a highly regarded restructuring practice, McDonald Hopkins often gets the call from sophisticated equity stakeholders. Our clients include private equity sponsors, venture funds, hedge funds, owners of closely-held businesses, and stakeholders of public companies. Our engagements range from defending parties in litigation to participating in new-money recapitalizations. In any matter, we never lose sight of our clients’ business goals.
- Jason, Inc. - Represented private equity sponsor in out-of-court recapitalization and balance-sheet restructuring of leading international manufacturer of consumer, automotive, and industrial products.
- Tekni-Plex - Represented private equity sponsor in out-of-court restructuring of major consumer and industrial packaging manufacturer.
- Caesars Entertainment - Represented significant equity stakeholders in chapter 11 bankruptcy case. (Bankr. N.D. Ill.)
- Construction Firm - Represented shareholder of Midwest-based contractor focused on industrial products in out-of-court restructuring and workout with senior lender.
- LB Steel - Represented owner in chapter 11 bankruptcy of one of the largest processors of strip mill plate in North America. (Bankr. N.D. Ill.)