Public utility companies have to be prepared for a number of legal challenges to remain successful – from class actions and wrongful death cases, to real estate, contract and general business litigation. Our attorneys have decades of experience providing service to multi-state public utility companies, giving us a unique perspective and understanding of your needs. We can assist your company with the creation and implementation of different policies and procedures, and provide training and industry information essential to your business. When you are responding to an incident, we can work closely on your behalf with any federal or state regulatory agencies.
- Class action litigation and subrogation claims arising out of alleged equipment failures
- Wrongful death lawsuits resulting from home or apartment explosions
- Thirty-two consolidated lawsuits (involving more than 100 apartment units) for personal property claims caused by a damaged regulator
- Litigation involving severe burn cases caused by explosions and related incidents
- Litigation alleging punitive damages, intentional and negligent infliction of emotional distress arising out of purported meter, regulator or third-party damages to house, service or main gas lines
- Cases involving the purported release of fuel, oil and other contaminants
- Cases claiming wrongful death or personal injury for carbon monoxide poisoning