Affordable Care Act
When the Supreme Court upheld the provisions of the Affordable Care Act, businesses were left with questions about how the legislation will impact them for years to come. For example:
- What constitutes affordable health insurance?
- How does the employer shared responsibility penalty actually work?
- What will employers need to do to comply with W-2 reporting and Summary of Benefits and Coverage requirements?
- How does the legislation impact grandfathered status of health plans and employee FSA contributions?
- What are the tax implications resulting from this decision?
- Practical steps for employers - This 2013 special report was designed to help employers understand, address and respond to the effects of health care reform on their business.
- Health Care Reform Summary - This 2012 informative report outlined from 2010 through 2018 the specific benefit and tax implications of health care reform for businesses, individuals and health care providers/suppliers. It also included information on the government programs established or expanded by the Affordable Care Act
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: Employer Mandate delayed again for mid-sized employers
- Practical steps for employers. How do you determine if your business is subject to the "pay or play" penalties?
- Practical steps for employers. Employer "Pay or Play" Mandate in 2014 — Will it apply to your business?